Author Topic: Frame for 32 chevy  (Read 22278 times)

themoose

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
Re: Frame for 32 chevy
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
Hey Wayne... as Ed said thanks for posting the link.I made it live in your post below so all you have to do is click on it and it will take you to the site and Ed has already added it to the  Chevy Parts Source list on the main page.

Moose
Too soon we get old too late we get smart. One out of two ain’t bad 8)

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »
   Thanks guys  That site sure filled my boots  He has everything and all information on spindels,axles inclanation wheel stance dropped axles for Ford ,Chevy Dodge and others,And if your sort of stuck you can drop him a line with a ????Question and hell give you his opinion.As i said I took his comparison of the 1929 to 1932 front axle and low and behold the 1941 to 1955 chevy gmc truck axle was exactly the same only had larger kingpin bosses.And i am sure that newer is better as for that statement I am sure if someone wanted to upgrade in any way say to dic brakes there would be no trouble finding stuff for 1955. Me again i wish to stay with drum brakes and run buick finned drums.I think at this point and time I am going to call it a done deal.I will also run or try to run everything from the 55 donner truck master cylinder and all thanks guys

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
 Vette59,Thanks, I had lost that link. I really like your plan. It is what I would do. I'm still stuck on my rear end choice. I am not a big fan of independent suspension on hot rods. I understand why it is done but it's not for me. Saying that I have been pondering it because over the last 30 years I have broken at least 2 sets of every after market spring set available and a few sets of modified stock sets. To get a pleasing ride height that will clear the rocks and ruts on my road a dropped axle won't do. It would turn into a dozer blade.  I may have to go with IFS and air bags. OK there I've said it. I'm not proud of it but I said it. :D
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
  Sixball did you ever try a straight axle and i do mean straight  I just call sid but i realize its 930 here so he is probably gone home. If someone can drop an axle Why can they not raise and axle.So i dropped sid a letter asking him just that.hear is a picture of oneI think you could flip this and have it on top of the springs not sure what that would do for you though

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »
 On my '53 I run a stock spring pack on the rear and have never broken a spring. On the front I have a stock axle and Posie  springs right now. One is broken. There is no way to change anything but the springs to lower the front and keep a beam axle. The problem is my road and there is no easy fix there. The roadster will be a different deal. I can make it work.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »
   OK sixball i have a solution for you . Don't get angry now .
   Get yourself the use of a D-7 caterpiller bulldozer and level that road out. lol lol  Wayner  seriously .
   If you are going to take your springs apart. What you do is get yourself some fiberglass screen and a big tub of greese, cut the screening to go between the springs and add grease both sides do this till you have screening and greese between each leaf.Then when all finished take electrical tape and wrap the whole spring so that will hold everything together and help keep the dirt out  It will also allow the springs to move easier on each other. Drive carefully and slowly
   PS  Your going to have to take a picture of this road, trail, cowpath  so we can all see what your up against.
    My Grandparent drove a 32 coach all the way from Erma Albert to Westport Ontario back in the 1935 and from what i heard they went through 27 tires and tubes and patched everyone of them at least 5 times  I can not imagine such a trip even back then

themoose

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »
Wayne..... I put a straight axle in my 57 gasser style and believe it or not it actually handled pretty well. It had a built L88 in it and there were quite a few occasions where the axle only had to support the weight of the wheels hanging in the air 8) At one point this was my daily driver for about six months. Young and foolish but had a lot of fun!

Too soon we get old too late we get smart. One out of two ain’t bad 8)

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
  Love that car  I had a 55 2 door post car with a 454 and 4 speed I still have a set of those STAHL headers and some big block parts somewhere around here. I just got finished purchasing a front end axle with juice brakes complete out of a 54 chevy truck i take it out for one hundred bucks. Now what i need to confirm is the Dodge Dakota 92 and up 6 bolt wheel pattern if it is exact same bolt pattern as chevy. I know some guys are using S-10 or gmc Jimmys  how are they getting the 6 bolt pattern,, or are they.By the way That big block was not what i called fast off the line  most races i won were won in the last hundred feet.lol lol  wayner

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 12:28:37 PM »
OH!OH!OH! Guys i made a BIG MISTAKE. Last night i was talking with Rick out west and NO NO NO  He did not use a 1992 and up Dodge Dakota rear end with 6 bolt design,they are 6 on 4.5.in He used Pre.1992 Dodge Dakota rear end which is 5 bolt on 4-1/2 inch pattern and he used 4-1/2 inch bolt pattern on the front  I want to run 6 bolt 5.5 inch  front and rear,also reffered to as 6 on 139.7 mm
I think i meant to day Dodge D-5- or Ram 50 pickup  i am going to google that  and will come up with an answer very soon. I also have a list of all vehicles that have 6 bolt on 5-1/2 inch pattern will talk to ed about posting. thanks guys  wayner

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
  OK i searched and searched and finally came up with this one Phoned Rick and said sure but i might have to move the spring perches  its a Dodge D-50 1979 to 93 and even comes with 14 inch 6 bolt wheels or a Raider 4 x 4 1986 to 1989 and it comes with 6 bolt and has 15 inch wheels  both are 6 on 5.5 or 6 on 139.7 same as early chevys or late chevy trucks

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
  OK guys does anyone know or have an experience with putting a rack and pinion steering on a streight axle. I was over at wiess brothers in upstate New York and this fellow offered me a 2007 rack and pinion with 10,000 miles on it  for 90 bucks  I only bought it because i have a 2000 Gmc sierra and a 2005 silverado lowrider and i know here at home those things run 250 bucks  so its now mine lol lol  wayner

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
  Sixball I just got word back from sid said he has un-dropper a few axles and made them a straight axles . He also said #350.00 you send him the old axle and pay the freight  OUCH.
  I think dollar for dollar you are probably going to be better off with the dodge axle,Let us know how you make out or which way you are going to swing.I think i have the rear end and front end thing all figures out.Sure am gladd i have the parts stashed now and not looking for them 5 or 6 years from now  wayner

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:51 PM »
I have a couple of ideas for the '26 roadster and the MOPAR axle. It will be an early style and not really low anyway. I'll just have to get it all in the shop and do a mock up. I aso yhink I have a workable plan for the '53 pickup and part of involves a bull dozer.  ;)

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »
   I know i should not get involved with someone elses hot rod rat rod love of their lives ,But ????Just how wide is your frame rails apart outside edge to outside edge. I just had a brain Fart.wayner

This will give you independent front suspension ,,12 inch disc brakes,,Rack and pinion steering, and will bolt in and have  two tabs welded one on each side of the frame for trailing arms,,and comes with 700 pound front coil springs ,,and will cost you about 300 bucks.This will give your road a pounding.Its out of a P71 Crown Victoria COP car
  I was just on E bay check under P71 crown vic and found a 2008 with a little bit of front end damage $700 bucks in NJ
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:47:23 AM by vette59jdwl »

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
Thanks but I just can't do that to my pickup. The worst I'll do is go back to a stock spring pack.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal