Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2537 times)

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
Is it just me?
« on: July 15, 2020, 01:05:11 PM »
Is it just me or has Chevy turned off the lights and retired?  Ford stepped up and "volunteered" to make respirators, came out with the Raptor truck, now the new Bronco has great options and in the NASCAR series, Chevy just hangs around behind Ford and Toyota. 

I know Chevy came out with the mid engine Corvette that no one can afford...but got give to Ford credit...they have stepped up.

33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 02:10:57 PM »
Probably just being smart. Ain't no money in making masks.
Ford thinks it's just a good PR move.

A local upholstery shop here started making masks simply cause they ran out of work, making too high of bids drove the customer away.
Now they may close up permanently cause making masks costs $$$.

It's amazing how many companies small or large shut down even though they didn't have to.
My boss refuses to shut down even if they made him. Had plenty of work.

Great time to be a blue collar worker these days.
My former friend (who went to college) hates me right now. 😁
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 03:56:59 PM »
Looks like they are going to discontinue the Camaro too.
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 04:47:59 PM »
Yes, Chevy did make a mid-engine, overpriced, AUTOMATIC Corvette. Who's buying them? I agree, Chevy seems to be out in left field.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

madmike3435

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »
Is it just me or has Chevy turned off the lights and retired?  Ford stepped up and "volunteered" to make respirators, came out with the Raptor truck, now the new Bronco has great options and in the NASCAR series, Chevy just hangs around behind Ford and Toyota. 

I know Chevy came out with the mid engine Corvette that no one can afford...but got give to Ford credit...they have stepped up.

Ford is making mechanical respirators the serious part of helping people survive.........masks, the people who refuse to wear them because they failed the IQ test, are going to need the respirators.

Corvettes are the cheap alternative to the Mercedes AMG series , the BMW M series, the AUDI F8 series, tru high roller $200,000 cars here.  The plastic fantastic is scorned by the other makes as a cheap cousin.

Around here on a Friday nite cruise nite ,  its all hellcats, grand cherokee hellcats, vipers, demons, Shelbys, cameros .  All driven by the gold chain , fancy jeweled rings.  In general posers , who could not turn a wrench or change a tire or know how to check tire pressure.

They have no idea what my phaeton or coupe is and how much effort it took to make it like it is.

mike ..........HAIRBALL

ChevRon

• Stovebolt
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 11:14:21 PM »
   Plus they put out two of the ugliest trucks anyone could dream up. Ron

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 01:03:41 AM »
Wait a minute . This is a Chevy site right ?
😕😯
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »
Old Chevys have little in common with new Chevys. PC cars are tough to build and market. Didn't the major part if Chevrolet go to China a few years ago? The left wants electric cars because they think wind and solar farms are beautiful as long as they are not in their gated communities, kinda' like the homeless and the protests. Carbon free and zero emissions will kill the rest of the economy.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

madmike3435

• Master
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 03:29:25 PM »
get ready, electric cars are coming and before you know it you will not be able to buy an gasoline powered car.  Look at success of Tesla and there is lots of those on the roads around here.

I personally have invested in power generating companies : WIND, SOLAR , WATER, NATUREL GAS, because its the wave of the future.  Its a fact of life, government will make it happen whether you or I disagree.  Just bend you over and lick your ear, take that.

Problem is how do the individual states handle the loss of oil and gasoline tax revenue. ?  Oh raise income tax and anything else they can slam a tax on to make up for the oil/gas loss.

A liter (4 ) = 1 GALLON of gasoline , currently around here is $1.40 a liter x 4 = $5.60 a gallon . I have seen it go to as high as $1.65 liter, parked the cars using hi test and drove truck using regular 87.

mike

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 06:13:48 PM »
When we go currency free and every transaction is done on a plastic card they will be able to collect tax on and all transactions and just remove the tax from your account. There will be no more doing odd jobs and picking up a little extra cash, Their going to tax us on everything.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:16:32 PM by 62131 »

madmike3435

• Master
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 06:59:46 PM »
the smart and crooked people will always be able to figure out a way around that idea.

People running their own business will always have an advantage of accepting cash and not putting it in a bank account.  Untraceable  .  The way they get caught is living above their stated income level. Your not driving a BMW M series on blue collar pay unless your living in a trailer or tent..?

Note that ebay has now collected sales tax for all the states in the union that have state sales tax for the last 6 months.  Think 7 of the states have no sales tax.

Scenario, you make an ebay purchase for $800 and you live in a state that charges 10% sales tax,   $80,  but instead have the item shipped to a friend in a non tax state.  That person takes delivery and ships it post or ups to you cost $20 ?  Your up $60, yeah.  Your state which has its hand deep in your pocket too much IS SCREWED .

Remember first of this post, " smart and crooked people".  Listen and learn, GREED on your own behalf is good.  You think the rich are paying their fair share.......okay and that unicorn that is grazing in your backyard is real..

mike.............HAIRBALL
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:15:08 PM by madmike3435 »

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 11:31:39 AM »
Didn't Chevrolet do a huge sellout to China a few tears ago? There was a lot on the news about it.

Is anyone REALLY looking into the impact of electric cars. Nevada has a new law that we have to report annual milage and then apply to the state for a refund credit for fuel tax we pay at the pump. We pay the same taxes as electric car plus what we pay at the pump. The Tesla batteries made about 10 miles from me could probably not be manufactured anywhere else in the US. Nevada got screwed on that deal and no promises have been kept. Elan Musk is probably one of the smartest crooks ever.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

madmike3435

• Master
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 03:20:39 PM »
they built a vehicle assembly line for buicks , which apparently the Chinese love ?

I have travelled up and down east coast heading to florida thru Detroit or pittsburg.  The amount of foreign built cars on the roads is staggering compared to the big 3......gm --mopar---ford. Toyotas all over the place and every other make you can name.  BMW, Mercedes, AUDI, Volvo.

I experienced the same thing back in 1991 driving my olds cutlass supreme, then my 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI and lastly my 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT .  Never passed another coming or going.

mike--------HAIRBALL

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal