Author Topic: The video thread  (Read 45388 times)

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
Re: The video thread
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »
Highway 12. America's most scenic highway.
Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/ydMmw3BTwVE
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2020, 12:06:43 PM »
Very nice, Thanks.
Highway 14 from Cedar City over the 89 is another beautiful drive. There are lots of different land forms but not a lot of Red Rock. There's more of that on 89 on down to Kanab.
Do you belong to any open road groups? We need to preserve our acres to these areas. Thousands of motorized visitors, not many will hike 100 miles to see :) these places.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2020, 03:17:17 PM »
Thanks.
I do have a membership to the (Lincoln Highway association) but they dont do any trips OR events.
I cancelled that recently cause it's one guy with no interest to the locals. Felt like I was wasting money. Clubs in Utah are about non existent.

I've done hwy 14 coming from 89 to cedar city. Was trying to see Cedar Breaks NM. but the road was still closed.
In fact this next video, I should have footage of that.
Already planning our next trip. Wanted to see upper Yellowstone but with covid , we will be doing something way more socially distant.
Probably south again.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 03:20:03 PM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2020, 05:01:17 PM »
My wife and I traveled some of the road when we went from Vegas to Zion and Bryce Canyon.  Bryce is one of my favorite national parks.  Definitely some beautiful country.  Can't believe the lack of guardrails in some places!
Nice work on the video!
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2020, 06:46:23 PM »
Rattiac, you always post some great video. I don't know where you find the time, but it's great and I'm a little jealous of you guys out west. Thanks for posting.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »
nice video, the scenery is beautiful

RoarsRods

• Stovebolt
  • 34 Chevrolet Holden Roadster, 33 Ford, 34 Ford
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2020, 08:17:52 PM »
Me and my girlfriend stayed at the MGM Resorts outside Las Vegas with a 12 days adventures with her having a 3 day company convention! Had done many adventures out there including Carroll Shelby’s Ford Museum where they also build high end race cars! Plus drove to Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire State Park! 128 degrees that day! Also 10 pm 110 degrees driving through the Hover Dam when they were building a big ass bridge between two mountains! Plus talked my girlfriend into driving through the Mojave’s Desert 6 hours to Huntington Beach California! Yeah both of us are a beach ocean lovers I had my ass kicked by the big huge waves out there! Never seen so many hot rods and custom choppers out there as they drive them everyday is the norm out there! Fun place to visit and VAST is the only one word to describe it! I love the East Coast less than two hours to either the ocean and or mountains and would miss that! RoarsRods
Retired Automation Robotics CAD Engineer

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2020, 12:12:14 PM »
Yeah, The West is a different place with it's own vast beauty. Some of it is an acquired taste that comes with time. There is a difference in attitude toward time and space as well. Nothing under 100 miles one way is considered a trip. We are headed to our Lake Tahoe cabin this morning. It will take 1 1/2 hours but it's just a little drive. Probably against Governor Nusance's rules and his illegitimate brother our own Governor Sisolak. It's 1 mile into California. :(

Some day I'd like to visit the East and see places I've only read about, some for their beauty and some for their historical import, before they get torn down or burned. ;D

In the 60s I surfed the California coast from Bolinas above San Francisco to Ventura. Lots of overhead waves and cold water. It was good time! The coast is something I miss but not much else other than the past. I miss some of the cars I drove then like the '40 & '51 Ford woodies and my little Morris Minor woody but like a lot of things maybe the memory is sweeter than the reality.  :)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2020, 06:13:51 PM »
Just got back from the Tahoe run. Very windy and there were surfers out on the extreme North East side of the lake where the wind has a long run across the lake.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2020, 08:29:51 PM »
Never been to the west coast, other than a layover at an airport. Would love to check out California some day, sounds like there are some great spots to visit and I know I would like the weather too. Sixball, it's funny, I live in Philly and haven't seen half of the sights that most visitors would go to. But it is cool, we do have some bragging rights: liberty bell, Betsy Ross and all that. I just wish this town wasn't turning into such a sh*thole.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »
Been in the planning stages of our next trip. Depending on covid  . Wanted to finish Yellowstone but bus loads of Asians is a big turn off these days.
So im thinking remote camping, very remote.
Haven't done Kanab yet or even been in that area yet...
We are gonna try for Alstrom Point . It's a 7 hr drive just to get to big water, UT and then a 30 mile dirt road to a cliff overlooking Lake Powell.
Camp site is right on the cliff. 😊
Here's a pic of the view.
I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2020, 10:06:19 PM »
That sounds like a fun trip.
The next time I'm in that area I want to go to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I've never seen it from that side. Have you ever visited the red rock house that was carved out of a cliff? I think it is in Moab but maybe in Kanab. It's worth the time if it is still open.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2020, 11:59:21 PM »
Hey, thanks for bringing up the Grand canyon. Might have to add that in. Been there when I was a kid. Wife hasn't seen it yet , she's all in for that.
 8)
I have PTSD.

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »
I haven't been to Kanab Utah yet.  Be sure to post some pics.
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2020, 04:53:09 PM »
Sorta' on topic. Whitman publishing put out some fun kid's books in the '50s that would probably not make the PC muster today. There was a Troy Nesbit mystery series that mostly involved teenage boys solving historic mysteries in well known places in the West. "The Mystery at Rustlers Fort" is set on the north rim and the characters camp in the park and visit Kanab. I read them to my 3rd & 5th grade classes and they loved them. Some others are set around Carlsbad Caverns & Mesa Verde. I think there are 5 in all. "The Indian Mummy Mystery" has a hot rod sub theme and is where I first heard of Almquest speed equipment. So if you have kids they might enjoy them or if like me you like reading whatever is fun you might get a kick out of them. They also tell some history of the areas. I am putting a set together for my grandsons.

Here's an eBay search I did. Troy Nesbit wasn't a real author. They may have all been written by a pool of staff writers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Troy+Nesbit+mystery&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=Milwaukee+48-11-1880

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal