Author Topic: 1/8 mile drags @ Ingalls,Ks.  (Read 6294 times)

sammons

• Master Deluxe
1/8 mile drags @ Ingalls,Ks.
« on: February 27, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
A friend of mines sons let us know that they were going to have this 1st time event a couple weeks ago. Saturday May 7th (7am to 7pm), Run what ya brung 1/8 mile drags @ the old Aux airbase. The All-Direction pad is concrete and is 3,300' long x 2,200' wide (was) Sounds like flag drop racing, could be fun with out the heat of the mid summer Salina Drags, and a lot cheaper!

There has never been racing there before. Rumor has it some media coverage is going to be there. $20 bucks for 12hrs of fun sounds good to me, wish my coupe was running by then. Hope it all works out good and turns into an anual thing. I know it's too far away for everybody, but thought it was cool. (Ghost is 5hrs away, but it's just 65miles N.W of me)

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
Re: 1/8 mile drags @ Ingalls,Ks.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »
The 1/8 mile drags are cool.  We used to go up to Oxford Plains Maine a couple times a year to run the 1/8 mile track.  I used to take my Kawasaki 350 triple up there.  It was all stock except for the expansion chambers.  Best run was 8.38 at 80 mph.  Front wheel was in the air for most of the track ;D  Lots of fun!
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:14:53 PM »
Tom they were kick butt bikes, a friend had one. Dad had a 750 tripple when i was 16, he wouldn't let me ride it. Said it was too unpredictable!  :o He later got a tweeked '76 KZ900, man that thing was really scary fast, when you grabbed a hand full of throttle you could bearly hang on. It was predictable, so he let me ride it a few times. ;D

ghost28

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 09:16:22 PM »
Neat sammons. I will let the guys around here know about it.

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »
Sounds like a good time

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
Ghost, in case your buddies may have interest in the drags, there is a Facebook link.  It will have any updates or schedual changes posted.
  I'm not on Facebook, so I get my updates from friends once in a while, second hand.
  We are thinking about maybe getting the old winged one out, but it's been sitting for many years. Gonna need fuel filters, probably need the pumps, carb rebuilt and tires. (maybe a for sale sign)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:36:15 AM by sammons »

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »
I heard last night that they are limiting the car count to 500, also the media coverage was Fox Sports 1. Ironically my friend Cheech just gave me a FS1 hat friday, so I just give him a ring. He drives for Game Creek Video out of N.H., they do the filming for Fox and others on sporting events. He was on his way to Las Vegas for the NASCAR races. He said he would call the office later and try to confirm.

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
They're out of Hudson NH, only about 20 minutes from me.
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 06:51:21 PM »
I heard last night that they are limiting the car count to 500, also the media coverage was Fox Sports 1. Ironically my friend Cheech just gave me a FS1 hat friday, so I just give him a ring. He drives for Game Creek Video out of N.H., they do the filming for Fox and others on sporting events. He was on his way to Las Vegas for the NASCAR races. He said he would call the office later and try to confirm.

The ole girl looks good in her hat

ghost28

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »
Keep us informed sammons. Man you are lucky your cool old dog likes you, the look on his face is priceless :-[

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 08:17:14 PM »
I didn't think of that Tom, there are actualy two guys from here working for GCV. Small world sometimes.

Hat ok, but mom bought him a stupid sweater years back. There was noway I was going to put him through that humiliation. :)

Ghost will do. I don't think they will get 500 cars, but its possible.  Haha, he's a very docile creature. That look was really "You gonna eat that?" He was eyeballing my cooling cinnamon roll on the table.  He won't pass up the oppertunity to eat when given a chance! ;D

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 02:07:59 PM »
Ghost, tell you're buds that there is a pre-resistration form (facebook i guess). It gives you $5 off by April 15th deadline. My buddy Tom printed some forms off, I'll take a better pic and replace this one when I get the new form so you could print off.  I see the form has changed time again to 9am-9pm.

My friend Cheech said nothing came across dispatch yet, but his gal knew a gal that has a contact ::) ??  GCV has a stand alone unit, but unlikely that FS1 would spend that kind of money on a new small venue that wasn't live. More than likely they would send out a small freelance crew to film for later broadcast.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:09:32 PM by sammons »

ghost28

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »
Ghost, in case your buddies may have interest in the drags, there is a Facebook link.  It will have any updates or schedual changes posted.
  I'm not on Facebook, so I get my updates from friends once in a while, second hand.
  We are thinking about maybe getting the old winged one out, but it's been sitting for many years. Gonna need fuel filters, probably need the pumps, carb rebuilt and tires. (maybe a for sale sign)
Sammons. A few of us are seriously thinking about goint to this event. any new info?  I am wondering how long the event lasts and if there is a show to go along with it for the weekend? I will check on facebook if I can.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:47:51 AM by ghost28 »

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »
Ghost I just talked to a friend from over that way sunday, I asked about how it was going to be run. He said flag drop and get back in line. Sounds a lot like Salina's deal. They are still planning on running from 9am to about dark 9pm.

He said the guy that is incharge has been talking to the Mayor and he said if it went well, run with it. Giving him an option to go as much as possible this summer and  see if it makes money. IF it does the Mayor said he would consider building up the strip/facilities to NHRA or other sanction specs.

I haven't heard of a show to go along with, but I will inquire. The boys did say they heard a lot of interest was being generated.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
Well, nobody got out of control or lost a motor (at least till 4:30 when we left) I guess alot of people cancelled due to the pending forecast of possible storms. I was talking to one of the officials and he said they were keeping about 200 cars active. They were coming and going all day. 25-35 gusts out of the south, but they were running north, so good tail wind anyway. ;D

I didn't get many pics, as it was hard to keep my hat on! They would get the street sweeper out every couple hours to get the fresh rubber marbles and the milo stocks off the field. Disapointed at not many old cars, and no tri-5's. My friend Jason brought out his '29 Willys and it was the oldest by far out there. The farmer and his '66 ford 428 p.u. was pretty quick, shut down a new Hellcat callenger. But the cool ol purple 64-66 Chevy  sbc with nitrous blew him away. That thing was FAST!

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal