Classified - PARTS For Sale - Wanted > Pre-30's Chevy/GM PARTS Wanted/For Sale

WANTED: 28 Chevy Windshield Posts / head light bar

(1/2) > >>

28chevyguy:
WANTED:  28 Chevy Windshield Posts / head light bar

If you have , let me know !   Thanks !!

sammons:
I see "early chevy parts" listed at the bottom of the forum page has the w/s posts listed. Says pillar post, 4pc per pillar, $55 per set (ea.) If that's what it is?

If I remember they are separate pieces tacked over the wood inner structure?  Do you know if Pontiac was the same?  There was a pair of 28-29 pontiac bodys pushed over the bank (one 2dr sedan, one 4dr sedan) about 10 miles from me (if the scrappers haven't been there) the wood had decayed and they have fell into themselves. If they are the same I could figure out who owns the ground now and see about getting w/s posts (if they were just tacked on)

28chevyguy:
i made a boo boo.  i need 28 roadster posts .. they'll be different..   thanks very much though i appreciate that !!  you might wanna go there with a battery sawsall and take the 28 coupe home in a few pieces anyway ... that is if noone cares about it!

sammons:
No problem, they were sedans though. I guess I should go out there when I get back from Salina and see if they are still there. I remember them being Pontiacs. They are near the bottom of a 30' Steep bank in prarie rattler country, so a fellow has to be careful. No chassis or frt end sheetmetal, so i'm doubtful of finding a headlamp bar, but I will look. One cowl still had the chrome/stainless cowl trim and may have still had the cowl lamps.

28chevyguy:
thank you . yes be careful if you do anything like that... nothing is worth your health.  the  28 pontiac sedan sounds cool though,  if the cowl lamps are available let me know , my 28 roadster has nothing for cowl lamps at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version