Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

ROAD KILL DINER

(1/2) > >>

madmike3434:
This is some pictures of another restaurant type building I made couple of years ago.   I had wanted to build one of these for a long time.   I took an  O scale  On30 passenger car, gutted the inside and made a eating table that went end to end, took all the seats and had them facing the table and the windows.  Scratch built a cookhouse to feed the diners, tried a new 2 tone technique for paint .   I also had a nice selection of people to bring this too life.

To make the roof more like a real tar paper type roof, I used 2 ply Kleenex, painted the roof black , then applied the tissue to the roof paint and then painted another coat on it and folded the tissue underneath.  Left it too dry.

mike lynch

madmike3434:
 a couple more pictures of the scene

sixball:
These things are great. The whole miniature/scale model world is intriguing but makes me crazy. The better it is the crazier it makes me. I once saw what was probably a 1/8 scale Indian War era Army wagon with all the tools and camp gear. It was put together with tiny nuts and bolts. The wick in the oil lantern could be adjusted. It had several rifle and ammo cases and one of each was open. Ai least one of the Trapdoor Springfields could chamber and extract the itty bitty 45-70 rounds. I got a headache and left. Here is a link to a remarkable bunch of models.  http://acidcow.com/pics/7222-amazing-models-78-pics.html

madmike3434:
of all the pictures of the cars and the buildings, this picture of the inside of a diner soda room, really caught my attention.  This is a 1.24 scale roughly 1/2 inch = a foot   check out the pies and other stuff in the right corner.

awesome  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike lynch

sixball:
Can some of these detail pieces be purchased from speciality suppliers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version