General Category > GM Tech Questions and Answers

Fitchburg Drag Reunion

(1/1)

Cool53:
According to sources at the Fitchburg Airport there will be no racing there this year.  It has been shut down forever. The FAA wants no part of drag racing. The big item was racing TOWARDS the active runway. John wanted no part of turning the track around. He wouldn't even discuss it with me. He became very caustic when I approached him about it. Common sense would have any racing going the other way. This may have killed drag racing at any airport. That's why I decided not to participate in last year's race. As a matter of fact I boycotted it.

themoose:
Jef

Just like many things going on the United States these days common sense has been replaced by fear of any exposure to any form on controversy and litigation. The voices of the few trump the rights of the majority. Another case in point XL pipeline.

Moose

EDNY:
Jef

Frustrating to hear this..it seems that we folks just keep losing more and more rights everyday. Maybe they want illegal street racing and I'm sure there is a group that wants your hotrods outlawed.

We really need to "turn back RIGHT" starting with this years November elections.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version