Author Topic: '35 standard 3w build: hopefully  (Read 116523 times)

28chevyguy

• Stovebolt
Re: '35 standard 3w build: hopefully
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
the fab is killer , thing is looking really mean !  keep it up !  28

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2015, 10:18:49 PM »
Thanks '28. I hope it is when done. ;D

Been a crazy two weeks, my brother and his wife (and Dog) drove out from the west coast. He started giving me a hand on the coupe ( oh yah). That didn't last long, all his freinds came by to visit.
I got a cyst on my back that was getting pink and sore so went to Doc, got some antibiotics and carried on. We went to a freinds daughters wedding, then they were headed to Branson to see mom. (She's been in and out of the hospital alot lately). I checked with Doc, he said go see mom, so the Inspector and I hitched a ride to Mo. Mom ended up in the hospital (she was a couple qts of oil low),while we were on our way, she got out monday all is good now.
By tuesday night my back was swollen and red, went to urgent care unit in Branson where they cut, squeezed, flushed and managed to pack 1/4" x 23' of gause strip in the hole. That was really fun! Headed home wednesday morn, brother headed home thurs. Went back to clinic to find out infection was not responding to antibiotics.  Got unpacked squeezed, repacked thurday/friday. New antibiotics now working, yippee! No more packing today! Hopefully by Monday's visit, i'll be back to the coupe. Wheew! ::)

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #317 on: August 30, 2015, 04:52:42 PM »
DON'T  like to hear about going to Drs.  I  hope everything turns out ok for you and your Mom....

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2015, 05:04:49 PM »
Sammons hope all turns out well for you and your Mom :)
Tom
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
Chopper, in a hurry because my hands are getting worse man. I use to just cruise through all this. ;)

Here are a few better pics of clearance.

Sammons

I also used C3 engine parts in my 33, have a 79 Vette engine with 91 Vette upper fuel injection.  Since the C3 has those multi groove pulleys took advantage of it and using double V belt.  Figure with 2 belts doing the same thing I can run them with little less tension..maybe helping the mounting brackets???
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #320 on: August 30, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »
Sammons you wore me out just reading your post and trying to keep up, hope everything works out for your mother and you.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:35:21 PM by 62131 »

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2015, 07:18:48 PM »
Thanks fellas, i'm definitely on the mend. Mom called this morning,  shes still doing good. Looks like she's getting a lot of tests done this week. My buddy Tom came over last night and changed my bandage out for me and took a pic of my back for me, I hadn't seen it since they cut holes in Branson. Looks like an alien monkey bite.lol  :o But it's still draining with out all that damned packing in there, and definitely getting smallerin diameter( from 10.5cm to 3cm ). However, it itches like the devil. I told Tom last night he might have to poke his finger in there and give it a few twists, he declined.

I did see some cool cars around Springfield and a really cool 30-31 ford fenderless coupe in Branson. Couldn't get to my phone quick enough to get any pics.
Here are a couple of pics of my back seat trip, it did get pretty tight from time to time with these two big boys. (Duke aka "the inspector" and brothers dog Jas)

ghost28

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
Hey brother you better get your self healed up cuz I just might have to make the trip to Salinas next year if the Buick travels the way I hope it will. Looks like a cozy trip you had.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2015, 06:56:39 PM »
Hey Sammons, glad your Mom's doing better. I feel your pain. I had a cyst on my side a couple years ago that had to be cut, not a fun thing at all. feel better my friend.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2015, 10:39:34 PM »
Finally back to work. Got my brake pedal assy painted and rebuilt (bushings). Firewall all sealed up on the inside (fiberglass blend), and the rubberized under coat with black engine enamel top coat (so adhisive will stick down insulation). Give me a chance to stamp my body number on 4 locations  on cage and elsewhere. One easy to get too and three not so obvious, all will be behind interior panels etc. I've had to prove a car was mine before, so this is a must to me ( and several more to go).

I think I will wait to make a hole for the cowl vent drain untill I get the Vintage Air unit hung. That way maybe I can "T" the two drains together with just one hole. Maybe tomorrow i'll get the pedal assy back in and the cowl vent inner painted and reinstalled.

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2015, 12:14:29 PM »
Sammons;;; I remember a sercuit judge a female that had her 25 foot boat trailer stolen.They got to the border they had some other sort of license plate on the trailer and had stamped serial numbers into the frame that matched their ownership.She could not prove it was hers and so there it went  south. I have two sets of punches letters and numbers and i stamp all my stuff with the numbers on the corresponding  ownerships. some place on the frame and some place else not so obvious.something to think about. I have been pulled over in a routine check pulling our power boat.The ownership and registration is under the dash attached to the back of the steering wheel. I told the officer in question where it was and asked him if he had a scanner. He said yes. and i asked him if he could scan the numbers that i had in the frame of the trailer and he said yes at which time he asked me for my drivers license and proof of insurance when i did this he said have a good day and i was on my way   vette59jdwl

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »
Vette, years back Kansas vehicles(pre 50's) were usually titled under the engine numbers(some still are). If you did a motor change you had to have the bill of sale for the replacement engine and have it  notorized and apply for a new title number with that engine number on it.(a real pain) l'm guessing by the 60's you had a choise upon inspection to either title it under motor or body. I always went with body number so enigine change was easy (paper work wise).

I sold a 40 chevy pu (w/283 in it), had it titled under body. I remember dad having a conversation with a fellow (in the 70's) and he told of loosing one because he couldn't prove #'s due to the body # plate being removed. I sold it to an ol boy on payments so he could be working on it. I just gave him a zerox copy of title along with a contract untill he paid me in full. He skipped on me, five months later a friend spotted it broke down on a country road 40 miles away. I called the Co Sheriff of that county of it's location. Dispatch called me back and said that the body tag had been removed. I informed them where I had stamped the body #'s (2 locations) they relayed back. If I brought title and contract down I could have it back. I did, the officer said if I had not stamped that truck it would have been impounded and sold. Later when I got back I found the body plated behind the seat in a bunch of trash. Never took payments again! ;D

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #327 on: October 08, 2015, 07:50:55 PM »
Now that the heat, a/c unit is securely mounted I'm finding out what doesn't fit. The original planned location for the stereo now doesn't have enough depth, the fuse box location also. I wanted it to the right side of the console with a cover for easy access.(fuse box) So i'll have to build a box to space the stereo out and on an angle. Built that, but have tosink it yet. I like the angle, just not sure of the look yet, gonna need some round corners before i'm happy. The glove box is only going to be 4" deep now also. Still in thinking on new fuse box location. It will all have to wait as I have other things to do this weekend.

Here's what I got so far.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:52:27 PM by sammons »

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #328 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:19 PM »
Steve.. At least your making progress....I haven't  done any thing in 5 weeks due to a cold that I got and turned into a sinus infection and bronchitis..now fighting off a cough....after a lot of meds and Z-Pac.. feeling a lot better.
   Like your dash extension...and as for the glove box I figure mine will be approx. 3 inches deep..it will house  A/C  controls and Electronics ports   and what ever else I want to hide. any way that's the plan

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #329 on: October 08, 2015, 09:02:28 PM »
Sammons  I was watching a you tube scit and Jay Leno was showing his 32 chevy the only thing that was 32 chevy was a piece of the original frame the body was a 32 ford and had an LS 7 motor with a 6 speed.but it was listed as a 32 chevy  go figure  vette59jdwl

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal