Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

'35 standard 3w build: hopefully

(1/88) > >>

sammons:
Watch a cripple build his last car, hopefully, haha. My buddies will step in anytime i'm ready or need a hand. Three  years ago I had to shut my bodyshop down due to my arthritis, more bad days than good. Those of you that have R.A. know how that goes. My dad sold me the business when his got to bad, he was 48. So this build will not be quick, but I try to do something everyday.

First off, I am glad I stumbled on to this site. It was nice to see all these old Chevys here. Just tired of looking at model A's, 32's, 33-36. Don't get me wrong, they make cool rods but seems everybody has one.

I started looking for a '34-35 coupe just before dad died ('99). He had one in 62-63 and sold it when we moved to So Cal '63. He frequently talked about and wanted another, so did I.  Two years ago a freind found one up in Iowa while he was on a sevice call. It was a '34 Master 5w shell. He brought it back in his pickup. Wasn't thrilled with the $1000 buy, but it was a chevy coupe. I really wanted a 3w like dads. Here are pic's before and after of that POS. Luckily I found a 3w just before I got this shell finished, and lucky enough to get it sold.

themoose:
Wow....Great work. Looks like that thing came out as straight as an arrow. Should make a real good start for somebody.

Moose

sammons:
Thanks moose, it was to say the least a learning lesson.

cocobolo:
Yes indeed, another "Wow" from me too.  That body looks perfect, fantastic job.

I hear you on the arthritis thing, and the trouble is, it only gets worse.  But I think you know that already.  If I don't manage to get my car done in the next two or three years I may never do it.  But, fingers crossed...and good luck with yours.  :)

sammons:
Thanks , Iif you can cross your fingers, your doing better than me. lol  well twice I posted with pics, and poof! Gone. Try later, can't hold the phone any longer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version