Author Topic: Interior Pics  (Read 29259 times)

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
Re: Interior Pics
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »
OK, I say let's start trading with Cuba again................at least the cars!!! ;D ;D
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

ghost28

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »
OK, I say let's start trading with Cuba again................at least the cars!!! ;D ;D
Oh I am in agreement with you. We need those cars back in the states, but from the look of them and the mags on them they are collecting them, and keeping them as nice as they can.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »
OK, here's what I did. I figure I will divide the rear interior panels into 6 sections: 2 sides-top and bottom, center-top and bottom. The first panel I did was the passenger side top panel.
 I cut cardboard in general shape and fit it into the first area I wanted to make my first panel. I traced the edges all around and then trimmed it so the cardboard fit perfectly. Then I traced that onto the tempered fiberboard I got from Home Depot, that Munch told me about. Although the board is pretty flexible, it is resistant to tight radius bends and won't hold  shape. So, I soaked the board in water in the area I wanted to bend, bent it to the basic radius I wanted and then wedged it under my workbench until it dried. When it was dry I took the bent panel and fit it into place and drilled holes to hold it in place. I took the panel off and soaked it again and screwed and clamped it back up while it was wet. When it is dry it should form to my interior pretty well. I am not sure how I will ultimately hold the panels in place, i.e. screws, velcro, etc., or how I will attach the windlace around the doors. Any ideas?
It is time consuming but I think it is going to work out well. I'll keep you posted ;D

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »
Chopper... These are what I plan  on using when I get there ..Drill hole (so fasterner is tight in hole) in board ,plastic. or pvc sheet what ever you are using insert in hole glue and tape the top, drill hole  in mounting surface to accept fastner

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Automotive/Automotive_Misc/X-mas_Tree_Fasteners_(Black)/index.html
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:54:44 PM by FATnLOW »

munch

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »
OK, here's what I did. I figure I will divide the rear interior panels into 6 sections: 2 sides-top and bottom, center-top and bottom. The first panel I did was the passenger side top panel.
 I cut cardboard in general shape and fit it into the first area I wanted to make my first panel. I traced the edges all around and then trimmed it so the cardboard fit perfectly. Then I traced that onto the tempered fiberboard I got from Home Depot, that Munch told me about. Although the board is pretty flexible, it is resistant to tight radius bends and won't hold  shape. So, I soaked the board in water in the area I wanted to bend, bent it to the basic radius I wanted and then wedged it under my workbench until it dried. When it was dry I took the bent panel and fit it into place and drilled holes to hold it in place. I took the panel off and soaked it again and screwed and clamped it back up while it was wet. When it is dry it should form to my interior pretty well. I am not sure how I will ultimately hold the panels in place, i.e. screws, velcro, etc., or how I will attach the windlace around the doors. Any ideas?  Chopper, looks great.  Did the panel do well being wet?
It is time consuming but I think it is going to work out well. I'll keep you posted ;D

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »
Chopper... These are what I plan  on using when I get there ..Drill hole (so fasterner is tight in hole) in board ,plastic. or pvc sheet what ever you are using insert in hole glue and tape the top, drill hole  in mounting surface to accept fastner

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Automotive/Automotive_Misc/X-mas_Tree_Fasteners_(Black)/index.html
Would it not be better to get your panel to fit like you want and drill your panel and mounting service at the same time to get correct alignment of your fastener.

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
Yes failed to mention that.....  per drill holes first,,use screws to hold panel in pre drilled holes as you lay out the material; then remove and attach fastners. then you can  can finish you board with foam and do design work  or not work.... then apply your  ultra leather or your fabric of choice.   .that was the procedure when I did my Sedan Delivery

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 08:31:10 PM »
That's OK FatnLow, I knew what you meant. I like those fasteners, that may be the way to go,simple and easy. Thanks!

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »
Since I have an upholstery sewing machine, plan on stitching Velcro to the material backing and gluing the other part of the Velcro to the car.
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

logride

• Master
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
I used a thin aluminum sheet for the corners, it did about the same thing your doing but you don't have to wait for it to dry to take shape.

I used contact cement in a spray gun and then covered with vynal. I still have the kick panels to do and the glue have been in the gun for months!

Over the doors I used thin plywood that I covered. It hangs a little below the metal and provides the seal to the door.    With your  chopped top it would reduce the entry room.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:09:06 PM by logride »
Never underestimate the power of a lubricant.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2015, 10:01:58 PM »
I like the velcro idea, Ed. My rear is over time the velcro will pull off of the panels.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »
That looks like it turned out real nice, Logride. If my panels fail I'll switch to aluminum. How did you attach the panels to the car? Do any of you guys have windlace around the door opening? How did you attach it? I was thinking of contact cement and/or pop rivets.

logride

• Master
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »
I still have wood so when the alum was in place I drilled thru the panel  slightly into the wood.

Then removed panel, put a small nail in each hole, sprayed glue, covered in vynal and carefully nailed in place with the nail under the vynal. I stapled around the windows and the garnish moldings hold it in too.

No I hope I never have to take it apart.

I would recommend the aluminum. It formed much easier and the result was better than I expected.
Never underestimate the power of a lubricant.

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2015, 10:23:22 PM »
Logride your interior look nice, the shinny strips that's running along the doors what is that and how is it attached?

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 10:29:25 PM »
That looks like it turned out real nice, Logride. If my panels fail I'll switch to aluminum. How did you attach the panels to the car? Do any of you guys have windlace around the door opening? How did you attach it? I was thinking of contact cement and/or pop rivets.
I put windlace in my 38 as it had a strip of media board to attach it to with a staple gun. If you have replaced your wood with steel I agree with your thinking that you will have to glue and rivet it in place.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal