General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

1932 Pontiac Six build

(1/164) > >>

Rattiac:
 Bringing her home. (12-20-2009)

Had it in storage for a few months. I cleaned it up and painted it flat black cause I was giving it to my dad but he didn't want it.

logride:
Hey that's a good looking car. What are your plans for it?

TFoch:
Rattiac,
Looks like a real solid car.  Should be a sweet ride!  I guess you're glad your Dad didn't want it.  :)  Looking forward to the build.
Tom

Rattiac:
My plans are to keep it as stock as safely possible, aside from the drivetrain but I wont be cutting the body in any way . Something told me this car was special or rare and shouldn't be messed with  I already have a engine/trans lined up for it till one day when I can afford to rebuild the original 6 and put a 5-speed behind it. Not even gonna lower it. Done that been there.
I also have a small teardrop trailer I plan on pulling behind it for long trips.

Rattiac:
Update

I got some work done before we moved from our first home (RDA)
 I aquired some 54 spindles sent em' to get machined (Somehow the rod-shop lost em) so I now have a pair of Speedway's  fordged spindles with
 73 camaro disc's and some new leafsprings up front.
(update)
Had a machinist hog out the axle to get the spindles to adapt. But Ive read somewere that you can use a reamer from Harbor Freight and do it yourself.

I also found some 36 chevy truck rear fenders for $ 20 . They are a bit beat up but they'll work for now . I was told by the guy that 32 to 36 rear fenders are about the same. They do match the body lines well and I bought some tires that were on a 46 chevy (only 2000 miles on em')
7.60/15's paid $80

Teardown pics. (3-23-2010)

Broken leafspring repaired with a army belt.( Who knows how long someone drove on that)

Heres the new springs and spindles. Just in time to move

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version