General Category > Moose's Tech Corner

Wiring My 33 Chevy

(1/8) > >>

TFoch:
I started to wire my 33 Chevy and want to add it to the forum.  This is the first time I do this so I don't claim to be an expert.  That being said, I hope to take you from start to finish on how I installed a wire harness in my car.  To start I purchased a Ron Francis Bare Bones Kit.  I don't have electric windows, air conditioning or a big booming stereo in the car so this kit keeps it simple, the way I like it.  When I ordered the kit there was a questionnaire to fill out asking questions like distributor type, steering column type and 1 or 3 wire alternator.

The kit comes with a color schematic and instructions for each step to complete the job.  When you open the box, there are bags labeled "A" "B" "C" and so on.  You start by mounting your fuse panel and running your battery cables.

So here it goes.  After the first 3 bags you can start the engine.

TFoch:
Today day I did bag "A".  I have a 1 wire alternator so all I had to do was positive post on the run a wire  from the alternator to the starter.  I drilled two holes in the floor boards and put some grommets in to run the wires through.  My plan is to have the wires go down each frame rail and then come into the inside of the car to keep the outside firewall nice and clean.  Here is a picture of the schematic included with the kit.

themoose:
Tom

This will be a really interesting thread. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Moose

EDNY:
Tom

Once you complete this wiring project (you, Moose or me) can delete the unrelated comments "just like this one right now", so your install sequence will be uninterrupted.

Thanks
Ed

TFoch:
Before I get too far, I forgot to mention the wires are not only color coded but have what they are for labeled every 6 inches.  This along with the easy to follow instructions in each bag make it easy to follow.  The wire in the picture below goes from the ignition switch to #4 on the terminal block.  A good crimping tool able to crimp red, blue and yellow connectors is needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version