Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Coyotes

(1/2) > >>

sammons:

My buddy Tom just sent me this from Instagram. Thats a lot of Yotes for one hunt, (194). I sure hope it was around here. Last couple weeks i sure hear a lot of them yapping when i take the dog out to pee before bed. We use to have a lot of Yote hunters in the 70s and 80s.  Hydes were going for a good price and we made a lot of money fixing roll over trucks😁

EDNY:
Those dogs need to be controlled, here in NY they have a hunting season (Vermont no).  Coyote hunting has really gone full tech, hunting dogs wear tracking collars and the hunters monitor their dog's movements via satellite tracking etc.  My son has a rifle set up with thermo imaging for hunting them at night.

Normally this time of year the coyotes come looking around my chicken coop...been real quiet so far.  Do have a feral cat that has been killing the cottontails around the farm....and she won't jump in one of my box traps.

sixball:
There are a lot more Coyotes down in the new housing developments now than up in the hills around me. It is easier pickins there and they are safer from hunters. I still see and hear some but not like before California move in. One actually asked who was in charge of the coyotes because they trespass on her property. She asked this at a county commission meeting.

sammons:
Those night vision/thermo scope are cool. In Kansas coyotes are fair game 24hrs/365 days a year, no limit. Its the only hunting that you can legaly use motor vehicles and radios along with hunt at night. Just normal hunt license, trap/sell furbearers licence, night vision/ thermo scope permit, $2.50.

Those people think its wrong to kill coyotes, but complain about the problem they usually bring on themselves.😖

sixball:
Coyotes are tough, smart, and amazingly adaptable. Many large cities in the west have huge coyote populations. They take dogs, cats, and sometimes children from yards in cities. They are fast & efficient killers and can work alone or in groups. Sometimes they bread with dogs rather than eat them. CYdogs are another problem, often larger & smarter. I have a healthy respect and certain admiration for coyotes. I fear the increase in mountain lions and recently reported wolves in this area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version