Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Changes to Pay Pal agreement

(1/2) > >>

sixball:
I just received a notice of changes to my Pay Pal agreement. No more Guns or Ammo! A violation could cost $2,500!

"Amendments to the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
Effective November 3, 2022:"

"Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled
substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law..........."

chopper526:
I got the same notice. I really was ok, for the most part, with this until I got to the ammunition/gun stuff. Now I don't like any of it, this is just a first step.

sixball:
I'm looking for an alternative. It is too easy to just toss but I'm not sure I want to support someone who thinks they can tell me what I can spend my money on and fine me $2500 if I din't do what they say.

62131:
I haven't received that notice yet, I purchased something off GB and sent the payment thru PP but I used the Family and Friends function,

sixball:
This takes effect in November. It is not specific about parts but assume it will cover everything black, unfinished, quiet, or over 10 rounds.

My problem here is that this has nothing to do with the law. There are laws covering what & how these items can be purchased online. This is even separate from the many woke companies, including most credit card companies, that have decided to create a new category of sales to collect information that the Government is not allowed to collect & keep and then share it with the Government. This is a company saying they will fine you $2500 if you use their service to buy a legal product they don't want you ti have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version