Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Renewed my CCW

(1/3) > >>

sixball:
Last Saturday I had to renew my CCW. We had to fire 30 rounds total from 9'-18-21'. I took an old WWI 1917 Colt 45ACP just for fun. I fired double action and fairly fast because I had to reload every 6 shots and didn't want to slow down the rest. The other dozen people had semi-autos with 12+ round magazines. I used 6 round moon clips. I still finished each course before they did. It was fun I need to shoot more.

sammons:
Good shooting there Tex😁  Luckily it's not required here since 2015, no permit needed for conceal carry as long as you are 21 and over and felon free. 18-20 year olds need a licence to C/C.

If i recall correctly, back before 15 open carry was only not allowed in banks and bars or businesses that posted such on the door. Maybe that was just our town ordenance (?).

I remember once in the mid 80s, Tom and i were headed to canyon country west of our lake. Rattle snake country, so i strapped on my  holster and 6 gun. On the way to pick up Tom, i thought about getting some cash incase we wanted something to eat/drink west of there. Turned around, went in the bank to get a $20. Got it, BS'd with couple people in there and headed back to the truck. Slid into the seat and got snagged on the seatbelt 🤯 Holster got caught, then the "Oh sh*t, i just went into the bank with a gun"  If anybody noticed, nobody said a thing😁 Tom's dad ran the bank back then anyway.

EDNY:
Nice shooting...nice to see another wheel gunner!  Didn't make it to the NRA Bianchi Cup (Columbia, Missouri) but will make it next May.

Just qualified last week for my LEOSA (HR 218) qualification.  Being retired LEO I can carry in any state:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-congress/house-bill/218

I'm also a Life member of  ICORE: 

https://icore.org/

Recently ordered a new Nissan Versa with manual transmission to cut down on fuel cost while traveling...won't see it until Nov/Dec.

chopper526:
I worked my 40 year career with an S&W .38 spcl. When the city allowed us to switch to 9mm's, I stuck with my tried and true. Not saying I was as good a shot as you Sixball, but I did ok.  ;)

sixball:
That isn't that good but it surprised me. I think the old Colt knew what it was doing and was maybe lobbying for more outings. I should have fired a few if those rounds before I went. They were from a can of reloads a friend gave me several years ago when he quit competition shooting. They were for his 1911 with a 200 gr SWC. I fired the first ones using the X for my aim point. I was shooting low right so for the rest I aimed at the top if the X ring. You can easily see the two groupings among the scattered ones. No matter only one out in the 9 ring. Good enough for what I was doing.
 It was the same instructor I had for my first permit a couple of times ago a now retired Sheriff Deputy. The first time I had to shoot both a semi-auto & a revolver. I had a S&W 9mm & a S&W 38 Special Model 10 that I got when my Father-in-law died. I had not fired either of them until the class. With the last 6 shots from the 38 I shot a pretty good smily face in the head area of the target. The instructor was not amused. He liked me better this time. :)

I believe in "Constitutional Carry" but I also think some training is a good thing. There have been some really scary people in every class I have ever taken, and a few in some classes I thought. :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version