Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

66 Schwinn Stingray

(1/3) > >>

Rattiac:
Pulled my 66 Schwinn Stingray chopper trike off the wall today.  Man it's dusty.  :o
I've had this bike since I was 14. About 15 years ago I added a trike rear axle,  fat modern Stingray tires,  extended it 6" and mounted a tractor seat pan. Made the front springer forks  20" longer as well as custom longer handlebars. Also a 3 speed 1950's hub was adapted.
I rode around the  neighborhood once till I could figure out how to finish the cutter brakes , it was hung up on the wall.

I think it's time for this bike to ride the salt this year.
Pics tomorrow.

62131:
I had a Schwinn Stingray around that same time frame, mine was black and a five-speed, man that was a long time ago. I rode that thing everywhere

sixball:
This was my first bike. I have no Idea how many aunts & uncles rode it before my brother passed it to me. There were 10 of them counting Dad. This is Uncle Punk before he went to WWII. This was in Texas but I moved it with us to CA in '59.

Rattiac:
A few pics.  Just barely got the chain gaurd back on,  I had lost the bracket for awhile.
Has a few small scratches but... I think some pinstriping would cover that up.  Always wanted some custom striping on something like "66 Stingray " on the chaingaurd.  😎

chopper526:
That's very cool! I had a Stingray back in 1971. I wanted to extend the front forks, so I took an old fork I had, sawed of the yolk and jammed the forks together.......it didn't work. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version