Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Model cars

<< < (2/2)

sixball:
Wow, I thought $1.25 was pricey for the AMTs.  :) Maybe I should make a list of what is there.

sammons:
My buddy was telling me he spotted a model that he wanted but passed due to price.  The first AMT model kits when i got the bug cost $.89. Then the big jump to $1.19 in the mid 60s. Then you had the new (local anyway) restriction on minors could not purchase testors glue. That lemon sent stuff sucked! I was like a teenager out side the store, " hey mister, would you buy me a six pack"😁 I always talked somebody into picking me up a tube.

chopper526:
I remember that scented glue very well, but it was orange around these parts. A friend of mine gave me two boxes full of old car model kits, most from the mid 60's to early 70's. I have them packed away, but I'll break them out and take some pictures, they sure bring back some memories

sixball:
We would sneak beer & cigarettes from our folks but never thought about sniffing glue. Our obsession was building the models. My brother was 5 years older than me and married and he was into it too.

One of my best jobs was a '40 Ford hot rod hearse complete with a wooden coffin. I used 2 '40 sedan bodies. Later I think they made a sedan delivery kit. That would have been easier.  ;D It was an activity several of my friends often did together. It kept us off the street for untold hours.

TFoch:
Nice work on the pickup Rattiac!  I still have a couple old AMT models I never built.  My 8 year old grandson has been eyeing them and wants to build them this summer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version