Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

1935 Chevrolet Standard 3 window all steel coupe

(1/2) > >>

RoarsRods:
Yesterday up in Maine over a 3 hour trip one way checked out this 35 Chevrolet Standard 3 window coupe all steel on the original 35 Chevrolet Standard frame. Did a 2 hour pre-inspection with my hot rod builder friend. All the body, fenders and all the metal was all in excellent condition. Seems like this car was stored for many years and then all Hot Rodded out 12 years ago and now with only 12k miles. This coupe has several mechanical issues and not a big deal for repairs. Sat in my truck with the seller because the temperature was in the single digits wind chill and was bloody cold and tried to get him to come down even more with the price. He lowered it another $500.
I ended up doing a bill of sale with the cash deposit that day. Get home and until the next day had buyers remorse  and thinking that I wanted to back out. What happened was last week I lost out on buying the same model car down in Florida and had got sold in one week and didn’t want to lose another one plus this coupe is all steel and there’s many fiberglass 3 window coupes for sale. Well I did the numbers for all of my repairs and looking at around $6k to bring it up to date with all the mechanical issues. Not a big deal because of my big backyard garage with heat and a car lift.
So now been gathering information for all my parts needed and yes will pick it up with my enclosed car trailer in the first week of January.
Just another hot rod to add to my collection.
Here’s a YouTube link: https://youtu.be/eHMU3tM6sho

sixball:
That looks really nice and you had the chance to go over it & know what is under the paint. If you got over the bit of doubt good for you! I hope you enjoy it. Beautiful car.

chopper526:
I think we all have had a bit of "buyer's remorse" after we think on it for a while. But, you know what is worse to me? Non-buyer's remorse. When I think of the cars I passed up for one reason or another....
I think you'll do just fine with her, it looks like a great foundation.

sixball:
Or seller's remorse..... ::) I'll never forget the feeling of watching my friend drive my '38 ford coupe away hearing the pipes and the chirp of second gear rubber and looking at the few bills in my hand. :( My first car.

62131:
Nice looking car, don't worry about it, fix it and enjoy it, I have missed out on plenty worrying about if I should or should not buy it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version