Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

My wood stove install into....

(1/19) > >>

Rattiac:
Earlier this year I placed an order for a marine Dickinson solid fuel wood stove for our trailer.
7w X 7deep X 14"tall. Pretty small but up to 8,000 btu's. 🔥

(Tried propane last winter but wayyy too much condensation inside even with windows cracked open.)

Done plenty of reading on the piping subject. Lots of anal talk of "no bends" in the exhaust but I found one guy that had no problems .

Mounting it to the back door that we dont open seemed like the bestest, safest spot and plus we can watch the fire at night.

Here's the short of it.
1st.) I made an exhaust hole using a 4" deck plate for a boat.
Took out insulation about an inch around inside and put a strip of sheetmetal galvanized inside for protection.

Since the plate is removable,  I ordered a 4" screen so its a vent during the summer.

Rattiac:
Next the piping. It calls for 4 to 6ft of pipe.
I ordered the 22" single wall stainless pipe they recommend.
Going through the door I needed to fill the 4" hole.
I found pellet stove pipe thats double-wall.  Turns out single wall would go into double wall but not vise-versa.
So I got a "cleanout-T" and elbow with another 24" section of straight pipe. Thats 5ft of pipe total
I'll use exhaust wrap to fill in any gap and more protection.
The double wall should keep the pipe hotter inside to create a better draft and protect the door.

Rattiac:
Next is the heat shield/ mount. It'll be spaced out 1/2" for a air gap. The stove will also be spaced 1/2" as well.
I used some diamond plate left over from the teardrop.
Screwed into the beams in the door but had to use 2 "jack-nuts" where it went into the wood.
Also made a "wall thimble" where the pipe goes through the door. More protection like a house.

Next is just assembly and drilling holes for the stove to mount which will be removable and attached at camp.

sixball:
Looking forward to see how it works this winter.

Rattiac:
Arches NP would be awesome in the winter, says the wife.  ;D
Im game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version