Classified - VEHICLES for Sale - Wanted > Pre-30's Chevy/GM VEHICLES FOR SALE - WANTED

'26 Chevrolet touring on eBay

(1/2) > >>

sixball:
Very complete car. Maybe repainted, '28 head.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124782604648?hash=item1d0d9f7168:g:qV4AAOSw3cVg0jyG

chopper526:
This auto mall is less than an hour from my house, I gotta get there and check the place out.

sammons:
Looks pretty darn complete. Amazing it has 52k miles for a '26.

First thought....The Grapes of Wrath film🙂

62131:
looks good it would make a nice driver

sixball:
That is the kind of car that I could not "hot rod". I could fix what needed fixin' and drive the heck out of it.

All of my life I have equated Tom Joad & Woody Guthrie with my dad. Dad was born on an Oklahoma homestead in 1913. He and his brother rode a freight train from Texas to California and picked fruit in the fields and were in the CCC where they did road building and construction in the Feather River country in northern California. Once on the way home from a California trip we drove through the "Valley of the Green Giant" and he showed us some of the remains of the migrant camps where he had worked. In Junior college we reading The Grapes of Wrath and my teacher was impressed with my take on it. Dad had told me when I said I was reading it in class that they, the Okies, would have killed Steinbeck if they found him because the book embarrassed them and made them think less of themselves because the communists had used them. I love Steinbeck's work because it makes me feel closer to my dad. A little know work is a collection news paper articles he wrote called Gypsy Harvest dealing with the brutal treatment of the sons and daughters of the American pioneers victims of the Dust Bowl. California was already a corporate owned land where workers were pawns in the rich man's game.

This Chevy would have been treasured then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version