Author Topic: New roomate  (Read 5034 times)

sammons

• Master Deluxe
New roomate
« on: June 08, 2021, 04:01:06 PM »
Well old girlfriend showed up early (12:30 am) bless her heart. She checked her facebook friend thing, a family needed to find a home for their dog, he was getting snippy at their young kids (2 & 4yrs old).

Meet Rowdy😁  5yr old intack male Golden, 80#'s and very confused young man at the moment. He has whinned a lot and marked every tree in the yard now. First thing on the adgenda, neuter🤯 Yep, no papers and i don't need a gigalo in the neighbor hood. Sure hope he works out!

• Master Deluxe
Re: New roomate
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 05:15:35 PM »
Well he's handsome fellow,looks like he's making himself at home, I;m sure he will be fine in a week or so

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 05:24:12 PM »
Good lookin'Pup!  Hope he adapts to his new home!
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 08:41:24 PM »
Get him tutored? Can you teach a 5 year old dog new tricks?  ::)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 09:08:27 PM »
Well, got brave and give him a much needed bath, he liked that. He got kicked out of the house many months ago and has been running free on a farm. He quit whinning and seems to be calming down and really starting to like the attention. Not knowing his actual past i'm being easy with him. Girlfriend raised her hand fast lastnight talking.... and he flinched hard.🤔 That means something to me, as maybe he didn't the best of treatment latley. I'll get him to the vet for a check up and vaccines. They say there is an injection (temp chemical castratiion, testosterone blocker) to see if he would respond well to castration. Going to visit with Vet about that.

I've tought many old dogs new tricks, you get out of a dog what you put into them. 😁 Just hope getting him fixed stops the marking.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 07:55:54 AM »
Hmmmm.... old girlfriend talks you into a dog? You're a pushover ;D Congratulations, Golden are great, loyal dogs and they love water. You're going to have a great time with this dog, and he is going to love the attention and have a great life. Good for you and him!
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:09:34 AM »
My quick dog story. I lost two dogs in the last year and a half, we have one dog left.  About 4 weeks ago my son sent me info on a 3 legged German Shepherd at the SPCA that was up for adoption. My wife has zero interest in any more dogs. Several "discussions" later...no dog for me. Two weeks ago my son sends me info on a litter of German Shepherd pups up for adoption at the SPCA! Another week of "discussions" with my wife....no dog for me. :( Eventually I will wear her down ::)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 12:57:44 PM »
Years ago our Border Collie lost a front leg from being caught is a trap. The vet said it might shorten her life. She lasted many years past his prediction and was the most joyful dog we have ever had. She loved the snow. An artist friend used her as a model in a painting with two other friends each with only one leg. They were playing fiddles and each had a wooden leg. The painting was called Fiddle Sticks. We all laughed because all three of them only had one more leg than the dog should have had.  :o
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 06:18:43 PM »
Thanks guys. Sure is nice to have a dog around the house again. Be 4yrs end of this month since i had to put Duke, "the inspector", down. This is now my 3rd in a row Golden. Was thinking back, i've always had large breed male dogs, never thought about it. My first was '62,  Grandpas Great Pyrenees when they moved to California. Mom said she never worried when i was outside because 'ol Laddy would heard me back to the door and never let me get 20' from it.

Chopper, i'm surprised you couldn't at least get her hooked on a puppy😁  German Shepards are great dogs. Had one in the 80s, he was about 4yrs old, had been abused and dumped out at the edge of town. Took me a month to gain his trust, must have been a man that did it. He was great with kids and women, just leary of men.

Sixball, a friend of mins brother had a Blue healer. He didn't come home one night. They found him the next day, he had got a front leg tangled up in a barb wire pile. He nearly had it chewed off, probably after a rabbit. He lost the leg but bounce right back. They said he was very agile working cattle yet. They renamed him "Tripod". 😁

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 07:37:34 PM »
Steve good looking dog..Will be a great company ...

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 12:37:38 AM »
Dogs are the best people in the whole world!

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 10:32:21 AM »
Having a dog to walk around the yard again makes one trim the trees. Tired of ducking and knocking my hat off. Got half trimmed this morn by 9. 80° already and 86% humidity🥵 Back in the house to cool off, go back and collect trimmings up and call it a day!

Took Rowdy out and he met 6 more of my friends yesterday. My buddy Tom finally got off work just before dark and him and his wife came over to meet him. Within 15 minutes Tom was on the floor rolling around playing with him. Rowdy rolled his belly up and got a good belly scratching. So far I see absolutly no aggressive behavior. Kids test next when my little sister brings her young rug rats over🤞

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 02:38:11 PM »
Looks like he's going to fit in  ;D
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »
Looks like you have a good buddy there and a good dog too!  ::)

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2021, 11:33:13 AM »
Having a dog to walk around the yard again makes one trim the trees. Tired of ducking and knocking my hat off. Got half trimmed this morn by 9. 80° already and 86% humidity🥵 Back in the house to cool off, go back and collect trimmings up and call it a day!

Took Rowdy out and he met 6 more of my friends yesterday. My buddy Tom finally got off work just before dark and him and his wife came over to meet him. Within 15 minutes Tom was on the floor rolling around playing with him. Rowdy rolled his belly up and got a good belly scratching. So far I see absolutly no aggressive behavior. Kids test next when my little sister brings her young rug rats over🤞

Sammons, it's hard to beat a Golden Retriever when it comes to a friendly, loving disposition. I think I'll be able to get my wife to give in after the summer when we close up our businesses. ::)

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal