Author Topic: The Old Border Fence Vs The New Border Wall  (Read 1853 times)

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
The Old Border Fence Vs The New Border Wall
« on: November 13, 2020, 02:09:44 PM »
Retired from this job in 2006....Biden has already hinted that there won't be any new wall construction.  Mostly worried that illegal immigration won't be enforced any longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3UwytuvVw&feature=share
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
Re: The Old Border Fence Vs The New Border Wall
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »
Ed, yours is the concern of many, many people. It should be the concern of all. Good fences make for good neighbors. Thanks for your service, brother.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
Thanks Chopper...

There are a bunch of follow-up videos...this one has time lapse construction video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaihuiT24Vg

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 01:01:17 AM »
Just when we thought we were getting somewhere.  :(
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

RoarsRods

• Stovebolt
  • 34 Chevrolet Holden Roadster, 33 Ford, 34 Ford
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
For over hundreds of years here in the USA 🇺🇸 we have been getting people from around the world which makes up our country of diversity of culture and people! Walls do not work period as seen in history of other countries walls! Plus who’s going to pay for this? That would be us as tax payers plus this would be a never ending expense for Maintance! Here’s a few links:

https://www.history.com/topics/immigration/immigration-united-states-timeline

https://www.suitupmaine.org/17-reasons-to-oppose-wall/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaihuiT24Vg

Just saying and I’m welcome to voice my opinion because I am am an American Citizen!
Retired Automation Robotics CAD Engineer

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »
For over hundreds of years here in the USA 🇺🇸 we have been getting people from around the world which makes up our country of diversity of culture and people!
Just saying and I’m welcome to voice my opinion because I am am an American Citizen!

Your are correct for hundreds of years we have had open doors...but the house is full...why can't people understand that. The line of legal immigrants is not moving...these are the people trying to do it the legal way. But we continue to reward the law breakers with free stuff, and the worst part is that these illegal aliens "hundreds of years later" now demand free stuff while calling the US a racist country and further tie up our legal systems....too many of our media brainwashed citizens (voters) agree with the law breakers.

The good aliens trying to enter our beautiful country "the right way"...the "legal way" ... are now forced to wait years to have their cases heard because the law breakers have the courts and funding (our tax money) all tied up.....they (good ones) often wait years out of the US before they are granted a visa to enter legally.

My choice would be to support the aliens entering the proper way...the legal way - period.  In the meantime we do need walls to help manage illegal entry of terrorists, drugs and aliens. 

My opinon (with facts) comes from 30 years of Border Patrol experience fighting and being shot at by the illegal aliens you apparently want to enter in any number, at any time and any place they chose.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 12:48:45 PM »
I sure as hell enjoy your car more than your politics.
I can only suppose that Massachusetts has not felt the full effect of an open Southern border. The flow has turned the South West into Northern Mexico. The neighborhood in Northern California where My brother bought his home has in the last 10 years evolved into a place there there are very few businesses with signs in English. There is much gang activity and the house has been broken into several times. My sister in law Was recently moved out of the home by her sons because she was afraid to leave the house.
A huge difference with modern emigration is that many are not coming here to become US citizens. Many are coming illegally and have no intention of becoming citizens or in any way following the laws. They drive, vote, work ,hunt, fish. and what ever else they want to do illegally. The ones who do not directly cause problems are afraid of the ones who do. This is not just a city problem. Our small rural town has gang safe houses where criminals wanted in other parts of the country hide out. Cities we used to visit are no longer safe to stay in. A couple of years ago we were traveling through New Mexico and had a flat between Santa Fe & Albuquerque. With in minutes two state trooper cars pulled over with two officers in each car. They insisted on changing the flat and would not leave us to do it ourselves. There were so many violent attacks of motorists they feared for our safety. They inspected our tire and found intentional damage they said designed to strand us on the highway. Not all emigrants are bad, not even all illegal emigrants are bad but the illegals are criminals. Their impact on American workers and business has to be regulated through the law. They actually have more rights than US citizens. Come for a visit, I'll give you a tour. Absolutely NO news media is telling the truth about this.
As for paying for the wall we will pay one way or another. People out here are paying with their lives every day. This is not even to get into the millions of them who vote illegally but that would not upset you because they vote the way you do!
The next wall...On the west bank of the Mississippi from the Gulf to the Canadian border.
Kind of funny to hear the talk of Libs moving to Georgia to sway the vote. They have been running that plan in the West for years and it is working well for them. They got Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada Washington, Oregon California and are close with the rest. Just a couple of cities rule each of these states.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »
I couldn't agree more with Sixball and Ed. Everyone is welcome.....legally. That's tough to argue against. But, RoarsRods, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I don't agree with yours, I do respect it. And, I think we all agree with that...….And, you do have a nice car ;)
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal