Classified - PARTS For Sale - Wanted > 1940's later Chevy/GM PARTS Wanted/For Sale

41-46 Chevy truck parts wanted.

(1/4) > >>

FRANKTHECRANK:
I just bought a 41-46 Chevy truck, (not sure of the year exactly) for the sole purpose of yard art. I have always loved the look of an old abandoned car or truck in the woods, or out in a field, or next to a barn,...that has been there for as long as anyone could remember. One that is beyond repair, and not a restoration candidate, but something that has become part of the scenery, become part of nature if you will.

Well, I have such a piece. It's a cab mated to a late 70s chassis and engine, that was abandoned some time ago. Someone had the bright idea to try to turn it into a camper, so they cut off 90% of the rear cab panels, and roof. To look at it from the front, you might never even know it's been hacked up. I'm just looking to close it up some and along with looking for a rear cab and roof panel,..I also need a door glass. It's the passenger side but I believe they are interchangeable. I know I can get the glass new, but it wouldn't come with the frame around it. The door has no guts in it, so I'll be just permanently putting it in the up position, and even a cracked glass would be fine. There's no floor either, but I'll probably put in a sheet of plywood if I decide to do anything with that.  I'll post a few pics soon.

FRANKTHECRANK:
Here's a couple of pics.

EDNY:
What a shame destroying the cab.  From experience I think locating a cab would be easier than trying to locate the fenders, doors, grille etc.  I do see those cabs listed occasionally stripped out .,.... a reason I don't give them a second look because doors etc. are always gone.

As far as the window...a simple "manual" up down track could be fab'd.   I put the up/down track from a Saturn rear door in my 33.

EDNY:
Here is an example of what I mean...does the cab looks like GM?  Ironic is the rear section is also cut out.

On facebook in Waterville, VT

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1616566321844869

EDNY:
Here ya go...get that trailer fired up!

https://nh.craigslist.org/pts/d/barrington-1948-chevy-pu/7213733641.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version