Author Topic: Treasure trove or junk pile  (Read 2585 times)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
Treasure trove or junk pile
« on: January 24, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »
yesterday I helped an old deceased friend's family try to identify his stash. Something I don't want to leave to my family. There are thousands of dollars worth of projects & parts if the right people could be found. No drivers, some hulks, some fairly complete. 4 '40s plymouths, 1/2 dozen Chevy AD pickups, A K5 Square body Blazer and Suburban. A '57 Chevy mid size school buss, and a very complete late '40s early '50s International K model 2 ton. A '39 Chevy pickup great body wrong engine & independent from end. One of the ADs got that treatment too. I'll take pictures next time I there.

He & I partnered on some of the ADs and I have some of the parts here. I may take those down to make the trucks more complete and more attractive to buyers. I only brought home a pair of better front brake drums for my roadster.  :)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
Re: Treasure trove or junk pile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 10:20:08 PM »
Sounds like some good stuff  . Maybe post it all on bringatrailer.com. 

A guy near Central Utah parked all his trucks on his property next to I-15 with a big for sale sign.
Always loved seeing those as I passed by that area.
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 10:49:23 PM »
When I was in high school my friends & I spent a lot of time driving around looking for old cars. We stopped at an old family winery somewhere near Martinez CA to check out a '40 ford pickup sitting next to a huge stone building, one of several. We went to the house and after a cool old man told us the pickup was not for sale he asked if we wanted tio see why. He took us into the building it was well over 150 feet long and stuffed with every vehicle the family had owned in the last 100 years or so. The farm equipment was id another building. He said they paid cash for everything and didn't trade in anything. So from horse drawn carriages to early 60s Caddys it was all there. I don't know why the '40 didn't make the cut. I wonder where they are today?

I've been on Craig's List & eBay checking prices, which are all over the place, but see that a lot of what I told them was low and was all more than I'd pay. Someone will get some good deals because they want it gone,
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 08:19:20 AM »
I WISH I had kept all of me and my family's cars. I was talking to a buddy the other day, since we were kids he said he owned 9 different cars, I did a quick count and came up with 42 since we were 16 years old.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 04:12:50 PM »
I just thought the number of vehicles I have owned, and I have come up with 31

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »
I'm trying to figure out what to do with all my stash. Giving it away slowly to friends that need what i got. I figure between my brother and buddy Tom....it'll be their problem😁

By the time I was a senior in high school, i had been thru 19 cars, 4 dirt bikes and a couple go carts. The only way i remember that is i had them listed in my senior year book🙂  I wouldn't have a clue how many i've been thru since, i was just getting started after high school. I always liked taking in trades on a sale, got some great cars out of that.

Sixball, I may have already mentioned it years back. About '81, i had sold my 72 Vette took trade a black '56 Chevy handyman wagon. The rear side panel glass had been filled,  looked like a  sedan delivery. One day i was driving it, stopped at the post office and ran into a nice old lady that was an old customer from my Mobil service station days. She remembered my name and was commenting on my wagon. She said "my husband had one just like that". She lived on a farm until her husband died, then moved to town. She said her husband always bought Chevrolets and bought a new one ever 3-4 years. He never traded in one, just put it in the barn with the rest. She said they got married in '24 and he had just bought a new "open" Chevy and said he was fond of the open cars.

She asked if i liked old cars, i said yes i did. She said i wish i knew that, i would have given you them cars. She said that some out of town guys had got her permission to hunt the farm and later ask about cars in the 2 barns and that she had given them the cars to get rid of them so she could sell the farm🤯
I can't imagine what i missed out on, decades of 4yr old Chevy's. Personally, i would have had to pay her. I couldn't have taken advantage of her like that.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 06:39:15 PM »
A nice old lady once gave me a complete running '25 Ford roadster pickup. I should have driven it home. When I got back the next day it was gone. She said a guy showed up with a trailer and she told him I was coming back to get it. He told her he was my friend and was picking it up for me. All that was left were the tracks where he put it on his trailer. Just for fun I drove into Quency CA where I knew of a guy that was rounding up all the old cars. There it was behind a chainlink fence. He was a "respected" local politician & businessman. I went home.  >:(

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 08:28:21 PM »
Sixball you left off thief in his description

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 01:36:42 AM »
I thought politician covered that.  :o

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 06:53:51 AM »
I guess that's right,
 :)

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 08:43:11 AM »
I had a '65 Satellite with a 426 Wedge, 40,000 miles, all original. I guy asked me to sell it to him and said my buddy, who I originally bought the car off of, sent him. We struck a deal and I gave him a break because of our mutual friend. Two days after I sold it, it was in the paper for $2,000 more than he paid. When I next say my buddy who originally sold me the car I told him the story......he said he never heard of the guy.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 12:29:54 PM »
Lots of remorse from cars I sold and ones I almost bought . I guess it's part of what we do. You can't own them all.  :)

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal