Author Topic: THREE CORONAVIRUS MYTHS to help you fight the fear...  (Read 2131 times)

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

• Master Deluxe
Re: THREE CORONAVIRUS MYTHS to help you fight the fear...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 07:51:01 PM »
Spread the word here, so true

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 06:45:06 PM »
Be smart and live your life. If I didn't know better I would think this was media hype and left wing trying to discredit Trump ::)
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 12:51:50 AM »
Just do a little looking on your own, not following anyone else's suggestions. Compare the numbers now with Asian and Swine flu numbers and you can make up your own mind. Sure it is serious but someone has pushed the panic button here, why? Who stands to benefit from a health panic, an economic disaster, a stock market crash, and the total undoing of the gains made in the last 3 years? Probably not working, tax paying, law abiding US citizens.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 11:34:41 AM »
Guess i'm thinking as you fellas are.  Scare and panic seem to be the norm. I know this is serious, but common sense and chill. I would like to see acctual figures on just who died (ages) and how many of those were already sick with underlying conditions. But that would be reasonable information, we can't have that.😡

No live sports, swapmeets, carshows, and now.... "Please cease public worship services". All the larger towns churches around here are closed!  It started scrolling across the tv screen lastnight. Had to go to the weather channel to see if i missed a bad ice/snow storm.

Me, taking the same caution i take every flu season. Just because you go to the basement doesn't mean that Twister ain't gonna suck you out anyway.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:36:37 AM by sammons »

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 12:17:50 PM »
Crazy...won't be long before they start selling toilet paper by the foot!
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM »
Not sure how accurate this is but maybe it will help. .....Everyone be Safe

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who's graduated with a master's degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasise enough - drink plenty of water!
THE SYMPTOMS
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
SPREAD THE WORD - IF YOU CAN'T SHARE THE POST PLEASE CUT AND PASTE..

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »
Thanks Ed.  Schools are closed in NH.  My company has me working from home since today.  Don't know how long it will last, they told us until further notice.
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 07:42:50 PM »
Well my niece finally got tested on the 8th, positive. She never had it bad, cough, low fever, mild ache's and tightness in chest when breathing. Her husband had worse with difficulty breathing. They called Doc and got an inhaler (for broncitis?) and that got him to breathing easier. They are now both cleared, him last friday and her today. He's back to work at the hospital and she goes back in a day or two.

News said today peak was hit yesterday in Kansas. Not sure how they come to that. Dodge City just had a breakout at  both Beef packing plants last week. Count is now up to 180. So far my sources have been spot on, so...Garden City had out break at Tyson first, other workers from Garden were car pooling to Dodge packing plants. 😡  I heard today that some were taking asprin and cooling their foreheads before getting up to gate temp checks. If that part is true,(and I question that) there should be criminal charges brought up against these people!😡

Hope you and yours stay safe.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 01:03:38 AM »
Glad your niece and her husband are over it. It is amazing how differently it affects people. The Los Angeles numbers are strange compared to other places.
My wife and I had to run some errands today mail, chicken feed, ATM and glue for my roadster wood. I have been wanting to check on our little Tahoe shack since I head of several break-ins since the thieves know the second home people have been told not to go up there.

Our place was fine except where bears have torn down the back fence and had picnics in our yard with the neighbors garbage. It was aa weird feeling. The fewest people I've ever seen there. Not one boat on the lake.  Three golf courses had no one on them. Sand Harbor Park had open gates but we saw only one couple walking on a mile or so of beach. A few cars were parked along the road where people walk down to more secluded beaches but less than a dozen where there are usually a hundred or more. Very few cars near the hiking trail accesses. All that open space we are told not to use while people cram into the few open stores.

When we got back to Carson City we were in a 1/4 mile line for the drive through at In & Out burgers. My wife had to stand in line to get into Trader Joes to buy some groceries. I tried Wall Mart for glue and it was packed and didn't have what I wanted. We went to Lowes and you would have thought they were giving stuff away. The lot was almost full. The checkout lines wrapped through the store. I got my glue and got out.
There haven't been many cases around here. Our County has not had one case and people are getting tied of the whole state being treated like Las Vegas. In spite of what you hear what happens in Vegas screws up the whole state. There was a protest in Carson City yesterday and it was treated like it was a bunch of uninformed hillbillies and Trump supporters pushing back on "Science and Medical Facts" They don't know what pushback is yet but I am afraid they will learn soon if the don't make some changes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:08:02 PM by sixball »
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal