Author Topic: What Did You do Today - Car Related?  (Read 156914 times)

sammons

• Master Deluxe
Re: What Did You do Today - Car Related?
« Reply #930 on: June 18, 2021, 08:45:18 AM »
Checking out the videos there is a lot to see, I really want to drive out through that part of the country

For some reason it's kind of a magical(?) place for me, west 66/I-40. A day drive across the desert is really something I like, some just say boreing and HOT!  Not uncommon for the Neddles Ca area to reach 120 in late August. I would say if you don't like the heat, travel thru in late spring or fall. Any sooner or later you have a chance of catching snow  around Flaggstaff Az.

The little towns on 66 in Az are good stopping points. I really like Williams, they use to stay open late on fri-sat night, (old stores, put on a gun fight in the street etc) Its just south and west of the Grand canyon.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #931 on: June 18, 2021, 10:28:27 AM »
The closest thing we have to Rte 66 on the east coast (and it's not even close) is I95. We took it several times to Florida. One of the tourist traps is "South of the Border". I always begged my Dad to stop. He never did. Fast forward, when my Dad passed away, my wife and I went down to Florida to where my Dad had been living to clear out some of his stuff. On the way home we needed to stop for the night and I talked my wife into staying at South of the Border. Mistake. It was creepy to say the least. It was old and dirty. We slept in our clothes on top of the comforter with one eye open. We only stayed for a couple hours, just to knock the edge off and got back on the road. These pictures don't look too bad.......but it was.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #932 on: June 18, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »
Old isn't always cool.  :) We stayed a part of a night id Durango, Colorado in the last room available in town. It was the county fair and rodeo, the place was packed. As soon as we turned the light off the place came alive roaches and rodents were having a gathering too. We slept with the light on for a few hours and were on the road before sunrise.

When we take our Texas trips I try to find smaller roads and different routes even if it's longer and slower. We have seen a lot of scenic and historic spots. Bents Fort, Fort Bridger, Cove Fort, a home in Utah carved from a red sandstone cliff.......the sight of Billy Dixon's 1,538 yard shot that ended the battle of Adobe Walls in the Texas Panhandle and much more. You could spend a life time wandering the West, Oh wait I have, well not the whole West or the whole life yet.  :o ;D

One thing that has always interested me is the use in the old days of locally available building materials. Wood in forested areas and stone adobe, and bricks where they were the best choice. All that remains of the gas station/shop where Dad fixed the rod on the Dodge six is the lube pit that was a stone lined dugout that was entered from outside the back of the shop and was dug into the hillside. I bet it was the original structure on the site. It is on the hill top just as you drop into Hackberry AZ. on the stretch of 66 between Seligman and Kingman. 
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #933 on: June 20, 2021, 10:57:23 PM »
My buddy Dale told me he had finally recieved his lower cowl patch panels for his '33 Dodge p.u. he ordered months ago. So after it cooled down some I took Rowdy out for a cruise and stopped by to check it out. I best get them doors roughed out so we can get them back on and replace cowl pieces.

Few pics

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #934 on: June 21, 2021, 11:57:10 PM »
I'll be watching this. One day I'd like to fix my lower door panels.  I'll probably have to farm out the rear lower belt line that's rusted out. 

After work I ran over to Napa to get the new fuel pump for the jeep.  Swapped it in,  runs good.
Went to auto zoo to rent a fuel pressure gauge.
All seems good.
30psi just plugged in.
Key on---- 48psi
Running----- 52psi
Off----- held pressure and bled off a few psi after 10mins.
Gonna give it a few days before sealing up the floor.

Noticed the other pump felt hot to the touch and this new unit feels cool.  Maybe that's why I had the vapor lock  issue.
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #935 on: June 26, 2021, 12:16:52 PM »
Ironed out the last wrinkles on the 64 Chevelle yesterday.  Installed new rubber and well boot.
I've must have done 5 mustang tops while working on this and other seats and stuff. Some days I'd like to work on one thing and finish it.
I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #936 on: June 26, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »
You do quality work! That looks great.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #937 on: June 27, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »
That sure is some good work! That's a glass window too, correct?

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #938 on: June 27, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »
You do really great work Rattiac! Did you get the '67 finished up?

Heard a rumble outside early yesterday evening. Nieghbor got the Chevelle out for a wash. Nice evening in the low 80°s, so we dropped the top and I jumped in with him and his wife for a 2hr cruise.
  He flipped on the A/C to make sure it still worked.....cool but not cold. Line frosting up good from compressor to POA valve and just cool going into evaporator🥴 A few air bubbles flowing past site glass but think POA may be stuck. I'm thinking we use to tap on valve with hammer to unstick back in the day. Lol, i'm not an a/c repair guy, just always got lucky😁
  I can't believe it's been just over 11yrs ago i finished the restoration. Time flys!
  A few pics, sorry my phone takes really bad pics🥴

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #939 on: June 27, 2021, 11:58:38 AM »
That sure is some good work! That's a glass window too, correct?

Thanks guys. 
It has the vinyl window but we make it glass smooth.  Getting the wrinkles out was kinda different since the mounting area has a square shape.
Sammons:::; This is that car,  I guess I mistyped the year earlier and hit 7 instead of 4.

My uncle had a 70 B.B. chevelle he recently sold.
Only got $35,000 out of it here . Im sure it would gone for alot more on Barrett Jackson.
The top looks great on that car,  bet that was a fun ride.

I could never own a convertible. I'd leave it up always. 😄
I get kinda angry when they pick em up and fold the top down first thing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 12:02:58 PM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #940 on: June 27, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »
Well guys it's sorta a sad day. I had guy ask if I would sell my 38 so priced it. I thought he was just admiring it the other day. Friday morning he shows up at the house wanted to drive it. Went for a little ride pulls back in the drive gets out gives it a walk around says I'll take it. So it now has a new home. Really hated to see the ole girl go. But I got my price. :) :)

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #941 on: June 27, 2021, 08:50:05 PM »
Well guys it's sorta a sad day. I had guy ask if I would sell my 38 so priced it.

I know that feeling. Guy asks, you just throw out a price....and boom, gone. Then "what did i just do?" .

My girlfriend called friday, she finished cleaning the trailer. First guy called on it... gone. She said bitter sweet, she had no idea her emotions were gonna kick in when it left. 😢

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #942 on: June 27, 2021, 09:21:28 PM »
At least I still have the 32 to enjoy and extra room in the garage

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »
Rattiac, I sure wish you were closer, the top on my Mustang is 42 years old and is starting to show its age. 62131, right now I have two cars now and I don't think I could put a price on either of them, but have sold many in the past. I know it's bittersweet, but like you said, you got your price, and there is room in the garage.......for a new addition ::)
Sammons you phone takes just fine pictures, beautiful car. Back in the day my brother had a '68 Chevelle 396, 4 speed, black with a white interior. He tried to teach me how to drive a stick....it didn't work.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #944 on: June 29, 2021, 01:25:20 AM »
I'm a total loser when it comes to selling cars. I never got what any of them were worth. It seems I was always in a rush to sell one to get something I wanted more and usually paid too much. My first car was a '38 Ford Coupe that was a pretty nice car when I sold it. One of the saddest feelings I remember was watching it going down the street without me, hearing the pipes and a little chirp of second gear rubber, and looking down at the money in my hand.  :(

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal