Author Topic: What Did You do Today - Car Related?  (Read 156696 times)

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
Re: What Did You do Today - Car Related?
« Reply #345 on: March 31, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »
Im probably going to use a 4" foam mattress.
Last time, I put a memory foam mattress in the teardrop. it added alot of weight.
I have a trick up my sleeve to combat that.😉

Knocked the backside out of the sink cabinet to make room for the tanks. 17" should give plenty of room for expansion and removal.

One last mock up. Kinda ugly.
Used 2x4's to set on for the right height.
Also made the wall to separate the potty from the sink. Potty will be hidden.
A little bathroom art/humor already on the wall.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:05:36 AM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2020, 09:41:19 AM »
It's a big, beautiful wall! It will definitely keep illegal aliens from getting to your sink! ;D
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
I agree with Chopper that is a great wall and it's beautiful. No one has ever seen such a beautiful wall and it' is functional, very functional. In fact it's my be the most functional wall ever seen, possibly the most functional wall ever built. ;D
 That said I'd build a pop out or tarp room outside for the potty and a shower. In the early 50s after years of pressure from the family an indoor toilet was added to our Ranch house which at the time had only a cold water pipe to the kitchen sink. Grandad said it was uncivilized to crap in the house and continued to use the outhouse for the rest of his life. Just a thought. ::)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #348 on: March 31, 2020, 07:50:17 PM »
Well, it's for emergency use only  :o.
I plan for a shower. The plan is to have a tarp connect to the rear doors while open for privacy and use a "pump sprayer" style shower.
For when we are in the boonies.
Most of the time the campgrounds have showers .
Hopefully I'll get to finishing/painting the cabinets to mount permanently in the next few days and carpet the wall.

Just got an email from JC Hackett, all carshows are cancelled for the month of April.
I have PTSD.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #349 on: April 01, 2020, 08:36:53 AM »
When you "gotta go, you gotta go!"

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #350 on: April 01, 2020, 06:27:21 PM »
OK, This is kanda' sorta' related but is't not required reading if you want to skip it. It won't be on the test.

Years ago we were remodeling  the shower in or down stairs bathroom and it was our only shower. Our home is remote so you'd have to be trespassing long before you could see our house so my sons, 5 and 3 at the time, had little concern of being viewed as we took daily showers on the front lawn after a day remodeling. We used one of those solar camping shower bags. Each morning I would fill it and hang to in the sun all day. All went well until we had a few cloudy days. While taking our third cold shower my five year old looked ay me with disdain while shaking his head and said, "Dad you no that the problem is that we don't a shower, not that we don't have hot water." All I can say in my defense is I followed the directions on the bag.  :) Maybe that's why that kid is a engineer. So if your kids have ideas about the trailer........ :o
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:31:19 PM by sixball »
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

madmike3435

• Master
« Reply #351 on: April 01, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »
Drove the 45 minutes up to where my 35 chev phaeton is getting worked on.  They were just starting the exhaust system in 2 1/4 stainless pipe.  Sure is nice to be able to stand under the car on a hoist rather than crawl around on the ground like a snake.

Dropped off the parts they asked me to dig out and pointed out that the master cylinder under the floor cap is leaking , for the remote filler.

So off I go to get another one master cylinder and cap.  Turns out the ebay shop in Hudson Iowa is selling china masters.  And the mounting surface where the remote fill attaches, is definitely not straight , causing the leak and neither is the replacement parts I brought.

So shop owner is off to order one from east coast ECI brakes as he says never have problems with them.

The exhaust is all welded up and the super nice tips look great.

They only work on cars 2 days a weeks, Wednesday and Sundays.  Soon will be making a lot of noise when its fired up..........nothing like that sound when your baby makes its first sounds.

One thing I hate about getting mid 70s is the massive degree of difficulty in getting down and up, loss of physicality and never being able to get the right distance for viewing with glasses on.  oh to be 60 again., 75 hurts.

mike lynch.............HAIRBALL

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2020, 01:53:01 AM »
Man you ARE old! I won't be 75 till June.
  "rather than crawl around on the ground like a snake.""the massive degree of difficulty in getting down and up,"
Those two lines made me think of the time when my friend were putting a new trans in my flatbed a couple of years. We stopped for lunch and when we came back I crawled under the truck. While we were gone a rattlesnake had crawled under the truck to enjoy in the shade. When it began to buzz it didn't take any time at all to get out and up. I didn't notice any pain or stiff joints. I couldn't have done it faster when I was 18. ;D

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #353 on: April 02, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »
I'm feeling like one of the younger (not youngest) guys here, I just turned 61. I imagine that rattlesnake would be enough motivation no matter what your age!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #354 on: April 02, 2020, 09:53:08 PM »
It got funny after that. He headed the other direction and into the shop. By the time I retrieved my pistol it was coiled beside and partly behind a new gallon can of carb cleaner. The first shot hit the can and covered the snake with cleaner. That really pissed him off. The second shot did him and I was able to save most of the carb cleaner. We are lucky our Great Basin variety here are very polite and will leave if given the chance. They are not at all like the Prairie Rattlers I grew up with in the Texas Panhandle. They will come after you and they are fast.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #355 on: April 02, 2020, 11:46:18 PM »
Well at least he gave ya a warning.
I was hiking years ago, going up a trail that was mostly boulders. Heard a rattler , steered clear of those rocks and kept hiking.

Since I sew for a living, my aunt asked if I could sew up some masks for my grandparents.
She got me some tea towels to stich up. Elastic band is getting harder to find so we may use some woman's hair ties/scrunchies to hold it up around the ears.
Found a design I liked and probably start sewing tomorrow.
I have PTSD.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #356 on: April 03, 2020, 01:03:32 AM »
I had a mask for snowblowing the driveway when windy. So I used it for somewhat of a pattern, modified a bit.
Used my wife's machine. It's small and a bit of a challenge compared to my industrial machine.
Prototype sewn up. Seems to fit good. I'll attach the elastic at work tomorrow. Another employee is also bringing his in to share idea's.

These need to be two layers thick and washable.
I have PTSD.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #357 on: April 03, 2020, 08:53:27 AM »
Sixball, your aim might not be what it used to be ::). We certainly don't get them in the city and I've been in the mountains upstate here a ton of times, never saw or heard one, and that's just fine with me. I did, however, have some type of water snake chase me out of a lake one time. I don't know anything about them and I didn't want to find out.
Rattiac, you might have a socially distanced line at your door wanting you to make masks if this gets much worse.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #358 on: April 03, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
Chopper, ALL snakes can swim. I have a whole other group of Cotton Mouth adventures. Here in the high desert we have lots of them. We have springs on our property, a great asset in Nevada. But where there is water there are rodents and where there are rodents there  are snakes. I bring home every gopher snake I see thinking the competition for food might reduce the number of rattlers. I only kill the rattlers within the couple of acres we mostly use. I average 5-6 a year. Last year was the first time in almost 50 years here that I did not see one.

Rattiac, They are making for that kind of help. Now that we all passed on buying masks when we could they are about to tell us that we need them. I bet everyone in Congress has a supply that we paid for. I read that the blue Scott shop towels work well. They are not washable but could be sanitized with alcohol, if you could find it. Really almost anything would be better than nothing if you were in a crowd of infected people if you were careful.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #359 on: April 03, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »
I guess a bunch of people heard about the masks shortage and sewed up a few thousand for the IHC hospital here. It made the local news but afterwards the hospital threw em away saying they are no good to them, not being certified and all.
The general public could have used those.
I have PTSD.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal