Author Topic: What Did You do Today - Car Related?  (Read 162312 times)

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
Re: What Did You do Today - Car Related?
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »
if you don't think you will ever use it and you now have all of it, decision decision.

The key here is "don't think you will ever use it".  In that case there is probably somebody out there who has been looking for it for quite a while and needs to complete his vehicle.   I have never heard of these being supercharged.

Remember the market for early and 50's cars has radically changed the last few years, downward.  To get a good idea watch the barrett Jackson auction on discovery velocity coming up next week . Gasps of that sold for only that.  Strap in the shocks are coming.???

Biggest question is whats it really worth and what offer can you get for it ?  Probably come down to somebody thru hemmings motor news advert contacting you with offer to purchase.  Or multiple offers ????  I would also look into joining the Kaiser Darren club and advertise it there AS A MEMBER .

Greed and looniness can easily get in the way.  The funds ???  from the sale of this part can go a long way to getting the chev roadster farther along.  Sell something to achieve another end.

mike lynch............HAIRBALL

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2020, 10:02:30 AM »
Good idea and great work Mike! Always better to recycle/repurpose. Plus, you have the bragging rights and one-of-a-kind!
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »
I got the top all roughed out on the coupe today. Sprayed the first complete coat of primer on the top.  Looking forward to the easy relaxing part of blocking.  Boy i sure miss working at the shop, this little garage SUCKS. Takes very little to cloud this room up, even with the exahst fan. Luckily it was warm enough out to open window (54).

Ok fellas, how do you deal with dust on glasses? I've never had to work with them until last year or so working (readers). I can sand or prime close to 5 mins...then they are covered. They are glass lenses, not plastic. Any help would be great!

Love the smell of Lacquer primer in the afternoon  ;D

I missed that. That looks very nice.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
if you don't think you will ever use it and you now have all of it, decision decision.

The key here is "don't think you will ever use it".  In that case there is probably somebody out there who has been looking for it for quite a while and needs to complete his vehicle.   I have never heard of these being supercharged.

Remember the market for early and 50's cars has radically changed the last few years, downward.  To get a good idea watch the barrett Jackson auction on discovery velocity coming up next week . Gasps of that sold for only that.  Strap in the shocks are coming.???

Biggest question is whats it really worth and what offer can you get for it ?  Probably come down to somebody thru hemmings motor news advert contacting you with offer to purchase.  Or multiple offers ????  I would also look into joining the Kaiser Darren club and advertise it there AS A MEMBER .

Greed and looniness can easily get in the way.  The funds ???  from the sale of this part can go a long way to getting the chev roadster farther along.  Sell something to achieve another end.

mike lynch............HAIRBALL

Yeah, I always though I'd become an eBay tycoon by selling all the stuff I've gathered over the years. I've only sold one thing there and I lost money on that. I have no entrepreneural  genes. I'm stumbling over my treasures.  300 years from now this will be a famous archaeological site. ;D
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
make a price for the item, offer the item on BUY IT NOW where you set the price of it, you can also take offers on it.  But low ballers will be out looking to score cheaper.  So if you want a particular price , offer it on buy it now.   Keep in mind that ebay will take roughly 10% of selling price !  But you will not have to pay listing fees to list it on their site.  You will only be able to accept PAYPAL payment for the item, small fee there.

You can load up to 12 pictures of the item, so there is no dispute about what your selling.

BE READY.........pre box the item, get it measured and weighed at post office, fill box with Styrofoam pellets.  Now list size of box and weight in ad and bingo, somebody in NY state ( or any state in the union ) can see exact shipping charges it will cost them to get the item .
  NOTE........squeeze item into smallest box you can , because size matters.

There ya go start selling and become a whole lot richer and less hoarder.  LMAO

mike lynch..........HAIRBALL

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
When we sold on EBay , I told the wife to add 15% on to the asking price to try to help offset ebay's and paypal's cut and never offered free shipping....sold a lot of stuff....

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2020, 04:20:19 PM »
So true Sixball. I found that "One man's treasure (mine) is a lot of times, one man's trash". I put lots of stuff on ebay, at what I thought was give away prices, and it just sat there.

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2020, 05:52:44 PM »
CHOPPER............if it just sat there with no bids..........three possible answers.......1 --item is radically over priced ?............2nd.............the right key words were not used in the item auction title.....3rd.....it needs to be in the right section.....

You need to use your ebay watching section to see how many people are LOOKING at your item and actively WATCHING it.  If nobody looking at or watching your item , they are not finding it easily.

For instance lets say you have a headlight for an old Indian motor cycle, but do not have the year. Key is INDIAN MOTOR CYCLE , that allows ebay system to find it in their listings.  Buyer will know if its right one for his cycle by the stamped in part number ????  Or the shape and style of it.

mike lynch

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2020, 10:33:30 PM »
I'll just wait till American Pickers show up. Just as soon be screwed by them as anyone else.  ::)

madmike3434

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2020, 10:48:41 PM »
Like the name says.........PICKERS.  They come in cherry pick best stuff and leave you with some cash and 99% is still there.

Phone them, talk to Danielle, tell her what you have for picking and go from there. 

Maybe will see you on TV  ???

AM trying to help you get rid of stuff and turn it into cash for the roadster, but U need to make the effort.

your call

mike lynch-----------------hairball

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2020, 12:44:17 AM »
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your help. I'm just making noise. I'm getting the junk under control. Ay least I'm not dragging a lot home anymore and I'm getting some to people who can use it, sometimes trading for things I can use.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2020, 01:02:25 AM »
Goodbye old friend. 😢😢
New owners are picking up the teardrop tomorrow at 6 p.m. and is headed to its new home in Idaho.
Now belongs to a Vet. Hope he gets many years of enjoyment  with it.
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2020, 10:08:21 AM »
Here's to new projects, Rattiac.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2020, 11:00:21 PM »
Thanks. Sad to see it go. Kinda feel bad for the 32.
It only towed it twice.
Oh well . Life goes on.

Saturday I get to order a new project.😉
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:06:50 PM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2020, 12:18:00 AM »
At least you have a sense of what to keep and what to let go, which things fit your needs. By the time I'm done with something no one wants it. I hope the new owner appreciates the work you put into it.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal