General Category > General Discussion - Intros

What Did You do Today - Car Related?

(1/269) > >>

EDNY:
 This topic What Did You do Today - Car Related? was started by member cocobolo back on March 29, 2014 was just purged and is being renewed!

sammons:
Bit OT, but....it might help someone.
I've been fighting intermitant windows/locks on my master switch on my '03 Silverado.  Priced out switch...scary, $164-$280 (Acdelco/dorman reman/others). 4dr pu/Tahoe/Burbs are $30 cheaper than std cab, guess more 4drs.
 Anyway its not working, needing replaced. I use to fix old switches and was expecting springs and contacts flying out when opened up. Nope, very simple inside. Just like a tv/vcr remote, with hard plastic buttons on finger switch and a silicon rubber sheet with carbon contacts on the bottom that make contact with circuit board when pushed down.

Just washed silicon sheet with toothbrush and dawn in sink. Blow dry, get rubbing alcohol and Q-tip, clean carbon contact. Then clean circuit board contact points with alcohol. Put her back together, and everything works good as new!
Needed to fix trim piece from the last yohoo that broke clip getting it off before. Sorry, no pics, but tv/remote. Same basic thing. Drilled hole in trim bezel, counter sunk for trim screw.
I did the same thing to my loose tailgate handle trim bezel, 2 holes/counter sunk.

EDNY:
Thanks Sammons!

Rattiac:
Hooked up the teardrop and went camping Friday morning. Today we explored some mild stuff , mainly dirt roads and lakes.
On our way back to camp in 2wd , we herd a LOUD bang . Didn't feel nothing odd but pulled over to look. Found a u-joint cap missing from the left front axle :o
Decided to cut the trip early and came home.
Luckily didn't have any issues driving on it.

chopper526:
Saturday, as I am on my way down the shore, my son calls me. He took his mom's Mercury Mountaineer on a 70 mile trip on his way to buy a......hedgehog! The Mountaineer overheated and he was stuck on the side of the road. By the way, he never asked permission to take the Mountaineer OR buy a hedgehog. (Both requests would have been denied).
Luckily I have AAA and even though my son is not on my policy, they agree to tow it to my golf course in Wildwood. The tow cost $235. plus I gave the driver a $40. tip. The next day I diagnosed a split thermostat housing (they're made out of plastic). I was able to get a new one from Autozone for $75.00 including antifreeze.............$350.00.....the most expensive hedgehog my son never bought!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version