General Category > GM Tech Questions and Answers

Power steering

(1/2) > >>

FATnLOW:
Ok here goes.....been told by other gear heads that Thunderbird power rack is compatible with the Delco power steering pump...in that you don't have to reduce pressure and flow rate...1987??? Rack....anyone confirm this before I buy the units??

ghost28:
All I know the thunderbird is a step up in quality from the mustang. and it's using a gm style pump with no problems yet.

FATnLOW:
In doing more research Thunderbird rack are mounted front steer....I have rear steer so will be researching Omni power rack.....search goes on . emailed Heidts on what they suggest but no answer from them...

TFoch:
My front end is a TCI and came with an Omni rack.  Mine is a manual rack though.

madmike3434:
use the Omni rack same as KUGEL recommends and so does TCI, you do not need power steering, you know that, why fight whats right.  My 35 chevy coupe, roadster both use KUGEL with Omni, both weigh around 2600 pounds, so what tank are you using that needs power ?????????

You driving yourself nuts for nothing that's needed. So in the words of somebody " knock yourself out ".

mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version