General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Upolostery question

<< < (2/3) > >>

munch:
Is this close?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Vinyl-Pleats-Black-Automotive-Marine-Upholstery-Material-heat-sealed-5yards/192437996625?hash=item2cce32cc51:g:lgUAAOSw4DJYfP4X:rk:22:pf:0

TFoch:
Yes I'll have to check it out.

sammons:
My stepmom used that on one of dads interiors. Great on door panels  but a little stiff and bunchy to work with on seats other than straight bench or just used for inserts on buckets. 

I've used the tuck and roll stuff on door panels, good stuff.

TFoch:

--- Quote from: sammons on November 13, 2018, 07:49:20 PM ---My stepmom used that on one of dads interiors. Great on door panels  but a little stiff and bunchy to work with on seats other than straight bench or just used for inserts on buckets. 

I've used the tuck and roll stuff on door panels, good stuff.

--- End quote ---
That's what I was thinking of was for door panels.
Tom

Rattiac:

--- Quote from: EDNY on November 11, 2018, 08:50:45 PM ---Could save a lot of time diamond stitching...that shipping isn't cheap and isn't reduced a whole lot as you buy more.

--- End quote ---
Shipping is one of the biggest issues we have in the upholstery world, it gets expensive.
Since UPS changed the rates to dimensions+weight, a roll of material is 54"+- width and suppliers like to use a roll even if it's only a yard or less.
We've tried getting them to fold it up and put it in a smaller box or padded envelopes but they dont listen.
That looks like good vinyl. Measure twice, order once. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version