Miscellaneous > Interesting Internet Finds Chevy-Ford-MOPAR Cars/Parts/Other

32 Chevy Roadster Experi-Metal Reproduction Metal Body (eBay)

(1/2) > >>

EDNY:
Pricey but interesting history.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223162233292?ul_noapp=true

madmike3434:
when you think about what a model A roadster or 32 roadster or 33-34 roadster FORD body repo costs.  He is not out of line and I think he is asking original price it sold for in late 80' early 90's before going bankrupt.

Its was offered to make a stock 32 chevy or a street rod and they offered complete IFS corvette system for it , plus rear too. I would have to find my experi-metal catalogue.   This is the first one , just body , I have seen come up on ebay.

If I was into 32 chev roadsters, would be all over this and planning the drive to California.  I think its a SCREAMING BUY  8)

MIKE LYNCH

sixball:
I agree with both of you. That is a lot of money for a toy but by the time you find an original and get it in that condition time and money would maybe be more than that. I could not tell but is all body bracing/wood replacement there?

madmike3434:
I think all the body bracing , normally wood,  is a composite material , posts, seat surround, trunk lid frame, all the things that crap out on an original and are a bitch to make.

mike lynch    ::)

TFoch:
Would have saved me fabricating all the inner structure on mine but that's half the fun!
Interesting though, I didn't know these existed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version