General Category > Early Chevy/GM Discussion

1930 Chevy Coupe build

(1/5) > >>

Burninmalibu:
Hey Guys,

My name is David Green, I have inherited a 1930 Chevy Coupe that was bought new by my Great Grandpa (Papa). I fully intend to build this car to be a driver. After getting ripped apart because of my build choices over at H.A.M.B., my faith in these forms is very low. I am wanting to build a street car out of this Ole Girl, one that my wife & I can jump in & roll to California if we want. We could care less about putting her in shows, she will not be a trailer queen & she will be powered by a Twin Turbo LS 408 Stroker & have a Tube Frame Chassis. I am asking for Tips, Tricks & Pics on the best way to replace all the wood with steel. I have the entire car, its is all there except just about all the wood and I do not want to wait a couple of years for a wood kit. Any info on doing this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!! Also my wife & I own & operate Fat Boyz Kustoms & Marine in Shawnee Ok. We specialize in Marine repair (I am a certified technician for Mercruiser, Mercury, Johnson/Evinrude, Yamaha & all) and Custom Engine building. You can check us out at WWW.facebook.com/FatBoyzKustomsandMarine. We have accounts with serval companies such as Eagle, Callies, Manley, Cam Motion ProCharger, SCE Gaskets & so on. We also have our own machine shop as well. If there is anything you guys may need & think that we may be able to help you out, please do not hesitate to ask.

THANK You Guys,
                                     David Green

FATnLOW:
Welcome from a former Okie now in Ft Smith....I don't believe you will get any abuse in this site......these guys are very free with there input on how they accomplished their builds....they are always willing to give information or help in parts or lead you to who has parts.... They have always been helpful to me as this is my first early Chevy  build that had wood in it........If your in Ft Smith give me a shout....Welcome to the site.....Post some photos of your project

madmike3435:
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/termites-and-bowties-early-chevy-group.323303/page-46#post-12258258

there is a section on the HAMB where CHEVROLETS have their own section........TERMITES AND BOWTIES   , strictly for Chevrolets.  You will find there and here much more friendly than the regular venom spewing from the ford lovers.

mike     8)                                     

TFoch:
Hi David,
Welcome to the site!  Looking forward to watching the build of your Chevy.  Very cool that it's been in the family since new and that you're giving it new life.  Glad to see you're going to build a driver. There should be plenty of ideas in the Member's Build section.  If you have any questions or need some pics of how I replaced the wood in my 33 Chevy let me know.
Tom

Burninmalibu:
Well ... I would post some pics of the ole girl but the site will not let me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version