Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Stained glass

(1/2) > >>

sammons:
Well my aunt here has decided to sellout and move to the Morro Bay Ca area with my other aunt. Her husband died 4yrs ago, and she's tired of being alone on the homestead.  Her and my stepmom were into making stained glass back in the early 80's. She has given me a stained glass she made of uncle Guy's '36 Ford p.u. It was a daily driver and weekend drag racer. When they moved back here from Calif in the early 70's, he packed all he could in the back and towed a big U-haul trailer here :D
Then my little sis brought over the stained glass that my stepmom did of dad's '48 Ford convertible. Now I have to figure out where to hang them, might just hang on the wall. :)

sammons:
Aunt Glenna also gave me a bunch of car show videos dateing back to the late 70's.  Also a bunch of pics and related material of uncle Guy's '39 Dodge coupe ledsled. In his notes he said it has been in 10 U.S. magazines and 1 French mag. :)

Dad and him had bought it '78-79 as a stalled project that had been sitting outside for many years. It had been stripped to a shell and the chop had been started. Just as I had started da sanding all the surface rust off, Guy fell in love with it and bought dad's half out.   First he just went yellow, then yrs later he had my buddy Dave and I paint the scallops on it. We were against it, but we did what and how he wanted them.  He ran it that way till he couldn't stand it any longer and then stripped it down for a complete rebuild. Rob Day (out of Dodge City at the time) did the body paint again in Hot Pink Pearl. It really was a pretty color on that car.

EDNY:
Great history account...great story....Talent runs in your veins.

TFoch:
Very cool Sammons.  Going to have to hang it in a special place.

chopper526:
Very cool stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version