General Category > Other Manufacturer Discussion

Moon.

(1/2) > >>

Kiwijeff:
So my buddy has been telling me about his Moon car for the last two years, but it's been sitting on the other side of the Island.
I think it's a 1920, but can't remember.
I keep telling him to go get it, and even tried helping him organise transport, but he's Dutch, and does things his way.
He has restored an old BSA motorcycle, and Thornycroft bus over the years, but has a wee alcohol problem, which gets in the way of his genius.
So I called in to visit a few weeks back, but he wasn't home. In his porch, was the Moon, or what he's got of it anyway. I took some pics, and caught up with his best mate, a week later.
Turns out my buddy had been caught drunk driving, and got himself locked up.
Untill he gets outer jail, I won't be able to give anymore details, but here's some pics.

TFoch:
That's cool.  Never heard of a Moon car other that the one the astronauts drove :o

Kiwijeff:
Most people haven't heard of em Tom.
I'm pretty sure I hadn't, untill my buddy told me he had one.
I googled it after he told me, and showed him the pics. He had not seen a complete one either.

ghost28:
Nice.    it apears to be a soft top car?

sixball:
That looks like a Half Moon. ::) There were maybe hundreds of car makes in the early days. Most of them made very few cars before going out of business or being rolled into another company. I think I saw a lost in Hemmings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version