Miscellaneous > Outdoors Area: Hunting, Fishing, Firearms, Camping, Hobbies, Videos etc

Revolutionary war powder horn

(1/3) > >>

32chevy vett:
I picked this horn at a on line auction the photos looked like a Dixie Arms . I needed a powder horn I win the bid. Went down to pick it up and the man toll me it was not real horn its man made.I took One look at it and I said OK I went home and went the internet and looked up enlisted men of the Revolutionary War .I went though the list and came up with the name Jacob Lewis  April 20 1775 to April 20 1779 Ashby Mass.      .I live in Ashby I bought the horn in Fitchburg Mass.one town away.

EDNY:
That's really neat...I bet your local newspaper might be interested in that story?  Maybe the Lewis family would get a kick out of it.

sixball:
There is something really special about hand made things that can be traced to a real person from our past. A friend his GGGuncle's rifle, powder flask, cap. and a piece of a battle flag from Gettysburg. The family had the entire uniform but a pair of old maid aunts threw it away because it had a few moth holes and blood stain on it. Cool stuff. Just shooting old guns is a real tie to those times.

ghost28:
I would think hand made would be a real item? That is really a neat story to go with it.

TFoch:
Don very cool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version