General Category > HAVE A FIX ? (For anything)

Spot Welder

(1/1)

vette59jdwl:
OK Ed let me be the first to step up to the plate  many years ago i was in a situation that required welding but i could not stand to have the heat do the distortion that i was about to see.So asked around and this is what i came up with.It is not MY idea ,but one i wish to pass on to the lads, A Home made spot welder made from a microwave oven;;;;;;;https://www.google.ca/search?q=How+to+make+a+home+made+spot+welder+from+a+microwave&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=IB9TWMXYOYTGjwOR9aeoCg;;;;;;;; just copy and paste  og this one;;;;;;http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Spot-Welder-From-Microwave/;;;;;;
Or just google how to make a spot welder from a microwave
vette59jdwl    MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL COUSINS EVERYWHERE

sammons:
Vette I seen that on the net awhile back. I use to have two old microwaves in storage thinking some day I would figure out a use. Finally thru them away. :-\
Dad bought a commercial unit back in the late '70s. If I recall, it was just under $800. It has two independent leads, one with trigger. Has time set and heat range dials. Works great and we used the crap out of it installing new body panels (qtrs,rockers, etc) but now I can't hardly hold the massive cables up and pressure. The long "C" clamp home built looks more user friendly to me these days. ;)

Main thing to remember when spot welding, all four sides must be as clean as possible to get a good spot weld.

vette59jdwl:
Sammons yes those were the days  Today orking on the bottoms of the 32 doors quarters and rear fenders  its all body glue glue all the panels on and then can not get them apart  great stuff I also see where they have a lead lesss salder  now who ever would have thnk that one lol lol  oh how the times are a changing
vette59jdwl

Coley:
I still use my spot welder that I bought in the 70s also.  Cables are getting heavier but it works great.  I used it to put studs on the back of some 1960 fender spears that I had cast in Stainless.  Put a hole in an extra electrode and stuck those studs on well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version