Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

Big chevy or GMC Trucks

(1/2) > >>

vette59jdwl:
  Does anyone on this site have any information on big chevy or GMC trucks.The reason i am asking is i picked up this streight axle that has Huck brakes on it  I had to cut the backing plates open to get at the brake cylinder so i could get the drums off .The King pin diameter on this axle is one and one sixteenth inches.This axle measures 50-1/2 inches king pin to king pin and 26-3/4 spring center to spring center. so it will fit the 32.I have already asked Sid and all he said was he does not deal with large truck axles. I am thinking two ton truck somewhere around 1942 to 1946 and maybe school bus.  vette59jdwl

madmike3435:
why not run a 40--54 chev 1/2 ton truck axle, I have a NOS one.

mike

mike350@rogers.com

vette59jdwl:
Mike i am running that axle with 1959 chevrolet half ton bendix brakes.

vette59jdwl:
 Those brakes and brake setup that is pictured is called Huck brake system it was completely seized.I am going to be using 1959 backing plates and a complete new set of Bendix brakes

EDNY:
You might have some luck posting a message on my truck forum ???.

www.3500HD.com

It's not a real busy forum but a specialty forum for the GM 3500HD series trucks which I like and have.  They have disc brakes on all four wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 19.5 tires etc.  The king pins on my 3500HD are larger than yours, picture attached.

Might be some old timer on the forum that can help..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version