General Category > GM Tech Questions and Answers

'57 3 on tree to floor shifter conversion question

(1/4) > >>

28chevyguy:
does anyone know what shifter / linkage I can use on a  57  3 speed ?  Someone already had the car converted to floor shift I just dont have the shifter or linkages... i have the bracket for the tailshaft.    how can I go about this without ordering 500 worth of hurst shifter / linkages from jegs/ summit... looking for cheaper used stuff that can work/ be made to work.   

themoose:
Try looking on eBay. You can usually get good used Hurst components for a pretty decent price.

sammons:
Do you have the shift arms on the trans, or do you need them also?  I just gave away a 3spd shifter and linkage set to the kid that bought my 57 overdrive. I'll try and get down to the shop today and see if I have another in my pile. It'll be a crap shoot if I have the arms, and try to figure out the rods.

28chevyguy:
thanks sammons ,     I do have  remnants of a floor shifter setup  that I found with the other parts car... i believe there are some brackets/ rods I have to go check them out ...  going to the shop now ill check back here later , will grab pics of the parts.

28chevyguy:
here is what i have

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version