Author Topic: Still in use  (Read 4925 times)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
Re: Still in use
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 03:20:58 PM »
At that price it you know it went to a good home unless some hot rodder bought it. You know, blown big block, auto trans, AC, sittin' "in the weeds", something cute painted on the door.  ;D
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:30 PM »
Sixball, he said that there was a museum bidding on it for a while. One guy called just before the end of the auction and asked what chassis would fit under it well. ::)  I just hope it gets a home that will keep it as close to original as possible.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
Me too, it is a rare surviver and that only lasts until until the chassis swappers show up.  :(  I guess if that really bothers me I should have bought it. ::)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 02:57:08 PM »
I ran across this on the local CL. Somebody is gonna like this.......

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5543274262.html
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

vette59jdwl

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »
  Real nice  chopper526 but we will pass.  NOW having said that if it was a duramax diesel some old fart like myself that towes a trailer for many many many miles that would be another story but a 400  no way  vette59jdwl

ghost28

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 09:46:41 PM »
That is pretty sharp looking. Thanks for the post.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »
My brother is having fires close to him again in Cali, he called it in shortly after 3pm.  :o  Reminded me that he bought an old firetruck last fall for such things. Picked up an old '56 international, 4x4 with 28,000 miles. It belonged to the Avala Beach fire dept then sold to Lopez Canyon rural. He picked it up off a Craigslist ad.  Had gunk in one fuel tank and a hole in the other. Bought it running off a plastic boat tank. He got the truck tuned up and running smooth, tank cleaned but ran outta time to get the pumps up and going. It has a 300 gal water tank, and will suck out of a water source such as a pond, which he has. Has a big filter thing on the hose to keep out trash. I need to figure out a way to get out there sometime and give him a hand on this and his '66 Vette restoration.

1st pic is fire from brothers ranch looking SW. 2nd his son took from Atascadero looking 22 miles NE looking toward my brothers ranch. He said the air tankers quit last night at dark. 2000 acres and growing, just a few miles away this morn. 14 aircraft pilots, 6 chopper pilots, don't know how many aircraft that is?

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 06:40:48 PM »
Good luck to your brother and we have been complaining about then rain up here..rained all last week and we have rain again this week.  Corn fields are flooded...
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 09:01:38 PM »
Around here we go from lots of snow to lots of dry brush and weeds in a very short time. Fire is my biggest fear here. Closest fire trucks there are about 6 miles away over a rough rocky road that some new comers blocked last October.. A federal judge ordered them to remove the blockage last week. Those trucks are at a unmanned station so it'll take some time for someone to get them going. We have 8500 gallons of water in 4 tanks, two separate systems. One system uses 1 1/2" fire hose one is garden hoses. It won't do it alone but maybe I can hold on until the trucks, planes and choppers get here. I'm working on my pond and two pumps. It's all gravity now. Got to get the bobcat going! At least the tractor is out of the mud. ::) Sammons that is a good looking fire truck.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »
Six ball, it's amazing how fast you go from wet to fire dry.  Gotta keep some measure of protection around when you are that far out.

ChevRon

• Stovebolt
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »
Sixball  We have the same weather here. We can get rain one day and the next day the wind blows and we are dry enough for the forest service to post high or very high fire danger. The ground here seems to soak up the moisture and the wind dries out the foliage. I'm also six miles from an unmanned fire station and have a very rough and steep road to my house. I share your concerns as we have heavy forest and we had a forest fire come with in 3 miles of the house 3 years ago. We lucked out when the wind shifted. My biggest concern and fear is fire also.
   I only have 5,000 gals. available, 2- 2500gal. tanks. One is right behind the house. Hope I don't have to use it.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »
When I was a kid in Texas my dad told me Texas was the most scenic place in the country. From the front yard we could see Oklahoma blow over in the morning and New Mexico blow over at night. We sometimes went to Ruidoso t the horse races. I like that part of the state.
I got my pressure washer working yesterday. It adds a bit to the garden hose system. 8)

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »
Chevron i'm with you, fire is my biggest fear.  Tornadoes, earthquakes, floods tend to leave something salvagable behind...but fire takes all.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »
My buddy just picked up a 1958 snub nose Chevy Viking wheat truck out of the Oklahoma panhandle. He's been looking for something for a couple years. It's sweet running, driving, good breaks, no heating issues, all steel bed/floor, and the hoist is smooth and stout. I'm not sure yet if its a 283 or later transplanted 327 2bbl. It does have straight across hole valve covers and provision for side motor mounts.
Then he just picked up another one a guy was going to scrap. Not running but good parts and trim pieces. 283 (no side mount provision)  stager hole valve covers, 4bbl  4GC, turns over. I'll probably snag that for my hoard ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:27:30 PM by sammons »

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal