General Category > Wood & Framing Section

Look at all of the wood

(1/2) > >>

themoose:
Thought you might like to see what the stock wood looks like. I'm glad mine was still good....I don't envy you guys who have to replace it!!

chopper526:
There wasn't much left in mine, Moose, just around the door frame and the door itself. I gotta tell you, if I had to replace all the wood I think I would have pulled my few remaining hairs out. I replaced my would with square metal tubing. I'm not sure if it was easier, but it was much less expensive and maybe a little more fun.

themoose:

--- Quote from: chopper526 on January 24, 2013, 02:00:21 PM ---There wasn't much left in mine, Moose, just around the door frame and the door itself. I gotta tell you, if I had to replace all the wood I think I would have pulled my few remaining hairs out. I replaced my would with square metal tubing. I'm not sure if it was easier, but it was much less expensive and maybe a little more fun.

--- End quote ---

Your right about the wood not being fun to work with. 99% of mine was still good but that 1% took me months to get repaired/replaced and make everything line up. I will say that the wood is surprising strong and I haven't had any problems at all with it being able to handle the V8 horsepower and modern driving conditions. The body lines stay exactly where I put them and there very few rattles..Life is good ;D
Moose

billy:
replacing all that wood at LEAST doubled the hours of the entire build on my 27 truck

oldsnut:
Does anyone know of a body manual for 34-5 Standard 3W coupes that shows the dimensions of the wood pieces.  I want to replace my wood with steel, but a lot of it is missing.  I really would like to get an accurate dimension of the main body piece that starts at the firewall and goes back to behind the doors.  That way I could get a good start and make sure the car is at the correct widths it needs to be.  The rest I can probably figure out as I go.  I do want to make it out of rectangular tubing but I don't know the exact widths or lengths to match factory piece that supports the main body piece since mine is missing.  Any help would be really appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version