Author Topic: Renewed my CCW  (Read 3101 times)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
Renewed my CCW
« on: September 18, 2022, 06:03:48 PM »
Last Saturday I had to renew my CCW. We had to fire 30 rounds total from 9'-18-21'. I took an old WWI 1917 Colt 45ACP just for fun. I fired double action and fairly fast because I had to reload every 6 shots and didn't want to slow down the rest. The other dozen people had semi-autos with 12+ round magazines. I used 6 round moon clips. I still finished each course before they did. It was fun I need to shoot more.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:08:34 PM by sixball »
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
Re: Renewed my CCW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 07:50:39 PM »
Good shooting there Tex😁  Luckily it's not required here since 2015, no permit needed for conceal carry as long as you are 21 and over and felon free. 18-20 year olds need a licence to C/C.

If i recall correctly, back before 15 open carry was only not allowed in banks and bars or businesses that posted such on the door. Maybe that was just our town ordenance (?).

I remember once in the mid 80s, Tom and i were headed to canyon country west of our lake. Rattle snake country, so i strapped on my  holster and 6 gun. On the way to pick up Tom, i thought about getting some cash incase we wanted something to eat/drink west of there. Turned around, went in the bank to get a $20. Got it, BS'd with couple people in there and headed back to the truck. Slid into the seat and got snagged on the seatbelt 🤯 Holster got caught, then the "Oh sh*t, i just went into the bank with a gun"  If anybody noticed, nobody said a thing😁 Tom's dad ran the bank back then anyway.

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »
Nice shooting...nice to see another wheel gunner!  Didn't make it to the NRA Bianchi Cup (Columbia, Missouri) but will make it next May.

Just qualified last week for my LEOSA (HR 218) qualification.  Being retired LEO I can carry in any state:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-congress/house-bill/218

I'm also a Life member of  ICORE: 

https://icore.org/

Recently ordered a new Nissan Versa with manual transmission to cut down on fuel cost while traveling...won't see it until Nov/Dec.
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 10:00:17 PM »
I worked my 40 year career with an S&W .38 spcl. When the city allowed us to switch to 9mm's, I stuck with my tried and true. Not saying I was as good a shot as you Sixball, but I did ok.  ;)
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 10:40:48 PM »
That isn't that good but it surprised me. I think the old Colt knew what it was doing and was maybe lobbying for more outings. I should have fired a few if those rounds before I went. They were from a can of reloads a friend gave me several years ago when he quit competition shooting. They were for his 1911 with a 200 gr SWC. I fired the first ones using the X for my aim point. I was shooting low right so for the rest I aimed at the top if the X ring. You can easily see the two groupings among the scattered ones. No matter only one out in the 9 ring. Good enough for what I was doing.
 It was the same instructor I had for my first permit a couple of times ago a now retired Sheriff Deputy. The first time I had to shoot both a semi-auto & a revolver. I had a S&W 9mm & a S&W 38 Special Model 10 that I got when my Father-in-law died. I had not fired either of them until the class. With the last 6 shots from the 38 I shot a pretty good smily face in the head area of the target. The instructor was not amused. He liked me better this time. :)

I believe in "Constitutional Carry" but I also think some training is a good thing. There have been some really scary people in every class I have ever taken, and a few in some classes I thought. :o
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 04:29:20 PM »
Nice shooting, Ive just returned from our weeklong trip to Co prairie dog shooting, my longest shot was 287 yds 

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 06:14:15 PM »
That is some shootin'. I have to find a new barrel fo my 219 Donaldson Wasp. I'm shooting ground squirrels here off the deck at 10-50 yards with an old Mossberg  22. It doesn't get more fun that that. I had a dozen showing up every morning when I tossed a cup of scratch to the quail. Now what's left run & hide when I step out of the door. I may have to start shooting from my recliner in the living room. :o

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 12:09:53 PM »
Renewing mine here soon. 
Yesterday I picked up my 3rd firearm.  Another pistol,  I needed something smaller to carry everyday.  My other was huge but reliable,  so that can stay at home with the wife.  Always felt bad if I left her without something to protect herself with.
Had a decent deal on a used s&w Shield plus at sportsman's warehouse. Came with 3 (12 round mags) .
They had a smaller new ruger for less but my hand was too big for it.
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 03:14:40 PM »
Just wrapping up my (2) revolver projects.  Heading out to the Bianchi Cup at Columbia , MO in May.  The top one is a 22 rimfire, the lower a 9mm (7 shot).  Installed a Lothar Walthers barrel on the 9mm revolver. Both have adjustable red dot scope bases that I designed. In one event the target travels 7 MPH right and left, the calibrated base allows me to shoot at the center of the target and not lead it. I made the lugs on the bottom of the barrels which allow me to anchor the revolver to the barricade. In the barricade event we start with both hand on barricade, when target appears we have 5 seconds to shoot 6 rounds at 10 yards. Times increase by one second as we move backwards.

95% of the competitors use semi-autos..I just prefer revolvers. I took a 29 year layoff and came in 2nd in the Grand Master Class last year.....going back better prepared this year!  This year there is a 22 rimfire event, the reason for my 22 revolver, rimfire event is intended to draw new shooters.

Here is a video that the US Army Team made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hb5MJB_yAk

Another old one, with a couple of gun writers giving it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3KZnCa0vNY&t=4s
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 03:27:32 PM by EDNY »
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 12:47:05 PM »
Serious competition! That is some nice hardware and work. Good luck i'll be waiting to hear how you do.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2024, 02:21:17 PM »
Took my s&w to the indoor range nearby.  Fired well but need to adjust the sights.  Went through a mag, hit the target a few times at 20yrds.  While reloading, the guy next to me firing his AR.  It was hard to concentrate during that. So I did a quick 12 round mag dump and left.   ;D
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal