General Category > GM Tech Questions and Answers

Engine simulator

(1/1)

Cool53:
Hi guys,
Sorry I haven't been around, but I am not only still running my shop but took a job with an awesome company from the Netherlands that produces automotive online eTraining. Most of my career has been involved with auto training, for GM and for myself. I wrote a bunch of books, taught all over the place. So this company, Electude, offered me the position as Technical Training Manager. That puts me in charge of making sure customers can use the product to it's best advantage, and also answer technical questions. It's a fun job. The training is game based so students can open the program and use it right away. My boss just sent out a clip to show the updated engine simulator. Don Beals thought I should post it for everyone to see, so follow the link and enjoy. I am not trying to sell anything here, but it is the best training material I have seen yet. And it's Cloud based so we an fix issues right away, unlike books and videos where you can't.
So check this out. If you have any questions, especially from you instructors out there, feel free to ask. This is cool stuff, for sure!
https://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslPtLOm37U&urlhash=0sPh&_t=tracking_anet

EDNY:
I can see where that technique would be helpful for specific audience, the young folks would adapt to it without a problem. 

Could Electude approach manufacturers of diagnostic test equipment to offer a training courses for their products like OBD2 scanners and possibly OBD2 ECM programmers? Reading a manual is OK...but running the new or potential owner through a simulated diagnostic or programming session would be great.

Would also love to see an entry level course for youths in the pre-teen range that would teach them basic engine mechanics, fuel delivery, lubrication and electronics.  Possibly in a game format so the young ones could for example build and run engines on a dyno to obtain max hp/torque. Give them the option of selecting cam specs, timing, fuel etc

Funny is that the youth can tune an EFI car...but have no idea how to install a set of points.

Thanks for sharing..

Cool53:
The way the program is now it is completely Game Based with the addition of being Discovery Based. A young person, once on the site, can maneuver with no problem. And there is lots of training in all aspects of automotive, basic engine being one of them. Discovery Based Learning means the the questions given during the modules allow the student to keep working at a tough one until they get it right, and supplies the details about the correct answer. As far as OBD2,scan tool usage, we have some of that now in the program with more being developed. CAN Bus and other forms of computer communication are discussed. There is no dynamometer training at this time, but if there is enough energy around it, it could be a possibility for future development.
we have 3 levels of traing; Basic, Advanced, and Expert. Check out the website and take a tour of the product. www.electude.com. Teachers and people with automotive training needs can sign up for a trial through me or through the website. Where you are in close proximity to me I could always give you a personal demo when I am out that way, or we could do it via computer. Anyone else interested can do the same. If really is the best training material I have seen.
I am going to offer automotive training classes with/for Electude in the not so distant future. One of the main focuses of the training will be to keep automotive instructors up to date, using our product as support.
I think you'll be amazed at the depth of this program. Notice at the bottom corner of each screen there is a dialogue balloon. If a student has a question he can click on that, type his question and the teacher gets it to answer. If the teacher can't answer the question he has his own balloon that he can click so he can type in his question which comes to us to answer. Can't do that with a book or video!
Go to the website and give it a road test!

EDNY:
When you mentioned Netherlands...I thought about this CAN Basic video I located a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw3ADKPo1Uo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version