General Category > Wood & Framing Section

Interior framing progress

<< < (2/9) > >>

32chevy vett:
That sounds like some thing I would do! Great idea.

EDNY:
Progress shots, have the coupe all boxed in with 1" round .095 tubing....including the wrap around the rear window, A pillars connected at top, behind dash and floor.  It's really sturdy and before I put the interior up, I'll use small amounts of automotive spray foam between the body and round tubing.  Most of the new car pillar are filled with the stuff now.

The tubing actually uses less space than the OEM wood and gives me a base to attach the garnish molding tabs.

Will most likely use some round stock framing the inside of the doors. The guy I bought the body from tried to make his own wood framing...I say "tried" plus he used softwood.

themoose:
Ed

It looks like it's coming along really well. That's a good idea using the spray foam...That should really keep the vibration and noise levels down.

Moose

EDNY:
I know there was a debate (HAMB) about using foam in a streetrod but just about every new car has it.  It is a special closed molecule foam that won't absorb water or moisture and really strengthens a body and it weighs nothing.  I'll  run pex tubing through the A pillars then foam up the pillars. That way the round .095 tubing which is already welded to the body inside the pillars will be even more rigid... the pex will be there to run wires through.

The pictures look a little rough, the guy before me sprayed the inside of the car with all kinds of paint but I'm satisfied with the framing inside the car.....still need a few small supports and gussets...but the doors are next.

chopper526:
Looks good, Ed. I like the foam idea, too. I think I will give it a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version