Author Topic: Have my Provisional Patent need gun parts manufacturer (AR15)  (Read 3132 times)

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
Have my Provisional Patent need gun parts manufacturer (AR15)
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:24:46 PM »
Submitted my mechanical drawings and descriptions for a device to convert an AR15 rifle from semi-auto to a manual loader.  The alteration does not require any permanent alterations to the firearm. Paid my fee and have the provisional patent.

While I attempt to contact firearms parts manufacturers figured I would also mention my device here should someone notice the post and be able to help. Powder metal injection will most likely be the process...but I need a small parts manufacturer willing to possibly team up and make the conversions.

I have (2) working prototypes...but obviously can't get specific here.

Not to be confused with the "rifle grip" I designed for the AR15     Link:   www.RifleGrip.com

Thanks
Ed
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

sammons

• Master Deluxe
Re: Have my Provisional Patent need gun parts manufacturer (AR15)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
That looks nice Ed. I didn't realize you guys up thatway had so many regs. This summer it was announced that the state of Kansas was looking to face a lawsuit brought on by the Brady Center. We defend our right to build guns to our state law (telling feds we build and keep here with out feds regs).  Hope they (Brady) don't get thier way.

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:08:06 PM »
Yeah...NY went over the deep end...a .22 rim fire with an adjustable stock (ie for your grandkids) is now considered a "High Power Assault Weapon" and banned.  Can't give your old shotgun to a grandchild without doing a criminal check on him/her by a gun dealer.  If you lose a round of ammunition, it must be reported to the state police within 24hrs......  I could fill the page with more of this BS...but it just makes me sick.  It sucks to be a law abiding citizen here in NY.

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
That's ridiculous! !! Wouldn't fly around here. Dad bought me my first .22 rifle for my 8th bithday, and my grandad(moms dad) bought me a brick of ammo. I could walk into the hardware store and buy more rounds back then. And to think when I was in high school, we use to bring guns into shop class. Build new stocks etc, small farm town every pick up in the school parking lot had rifles in the back window.

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »
That's ridiculous! !! Wouldn't fly around here. Dad bought me my first .22 rifle for my 8th bithday, and my grandad(moms dad) bought me a brick of ammo. I could walk into the hardware store and buy more rounds back then. And to think when I was in high school, we use to bring guns into shop class. Build new stocks etc, small farm town every pick up in the school parking lot had rifles in the back window.

Problem is NYC...38% foreign born (that we know of)  telling the rest of us how to live. Two very different NY's...

Republican Rob Astorino is running for NY Governor...it's going to be tough to beat the current monster but it can be done...Rob is a great man and would do all of NY a great job...BTW he's fluent in Spanish.  Attached a picture of Rob and me from a couple weeks back...I'm the one with the beard ;D ;D ;D ;D

themoose

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 08:54:05 AM »
Ed
It sounds like NY to a page out of Connecticut's playbook. The only good news is that our current governor is behind in the polls so I have my fingers crossed.

Moose
Too soon we get old too late we get smart. One out of two ain’t bad 8)

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
Ed
It sounds like NY to a page out of Connecticut's playbook. The only good news is that our current governor is behind in the polls so I have my fingers crossed.

Moose

Been monitoring your state's election..you have a great chance. We in NY on the other hand have an uphill battle...but I feel very confident that we can get Rob Astorino in office. Your state's gun laws as written are more concrete, the laws in NY were written so fast, there are many loopholes and confusion.

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »
Ed,
Congrats on the provisional patent.  Nice work.
Tom
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
Don't think for a minute that living in a state with strong shooting traditions is any safeguard. The fight is on for the legislatures and Congressional delegations of the 'fly over" states. >:(

With all it's wide open spaces Nevada has the highest percentage of urbanites in the country. About 90% of Nevada's voters live in Vegas. Must of the remaining 10% are in Reno/Sparks. Most are as liberal as the places they came from, other US cities, Europe, and Mexico. Last year X-NYC mayor Blumburg was able to buy enough Nevada legislators to pass restrictive gun laws similar to New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Lucky for us our Governor vetoed the bills. That probably won't happen next time especially if millions of illegals are given legal status. In Nevada illegals can get a driver's licenses and we have "motor voter registration". Our biggest industry is the tourist industry and it depends on cheap labor. State lawmakers are cheap in the West and every state has the same number of Senators.
 We can not get rid of Harry Reid no matter what because of a flaw in the state constitution. With two more years of a president who does not follow the law it is not looking good for many of our rights. When the 2nd amendment is gone so are the rest. In the 1990 census about 86% of all US Citizens lived in 300 cities and less than 1% were involved in agriculture.  :(
When I was eight years old and bought my first 22 from a second hand store for $10. The only adult present was the store owner. I walked down the street to Western Auto and spent my remaining 50 cents for a box of ammo. I then hitched a ride 7 miles home and shot the big red rooster that had been stalking me for three years. It was premeditated but over due. ::) That was 1953 Texas. How I miss it! ;D
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal