Miscellaneous > Interesting Internet Finds Chevy-Ford-MOPAR Cars/Parts/Other

Different '04 Tahoe

(1/1)

sammons:
Well.... I don't hate it. Not a bad revamp, except for the nose🙄 My buddy sent me this this afternoon, i don't know anything about it.
If they could have figured out how to put round headlamps in and did something other than to bolt that grill bar out  front like a bugeyed toad.

sixball:
In the early 70s my friend had a '57 Chevy station wagon on a Dodge power wagon frame. He called it his '57 Blazer because I had a '70 Blazer. We took the '57 places I wouldn't take my first new car.   :)

Essex_29:
The side and rear of the Tahoe looks good in a kinda fun way, but yes, the front would
really need a good make over with round headlights to make it look a bit three-fiveish.
It would be no easy task to design it, the proportions are so different.

Like this:
https://barnfinds.com/1957-chevrolet-1994-z28-camaro-belaro/

Some barn find too...
Anyway, I think that car shows how hard it is to do a good retro design, though in this case
it's more a case of trying to fake an old car look. A well known car, like a '57 Chevy, and
 it's almost impossible not to fail.

sixball:
To me the original is the standard. It can be customized for an individual's vision. It can not be re-imagined for a "retro" design like the modern Chevy AD pickup or the Mopar thing. 

sammons:
I would think it would be cheaper to update the drivetrain on an old original than build a newer one to imitate a classic.

I think Chevy tried to retro the AD pick up with the SSR and HHR. Terrible looking thing to me. Out of all the retro styled cars manufactures came out with, the closest was the Dodge Challenger. Mustang, Camaro, nope. To me a big miss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version