General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Springs a comimg on quick

(1/2) > >>

sammons:
16 days to daylight savings, 26 days to spring. 3 weeks ago the Canadian Cranes and Geese were headed north in big flocks. This past week i'm seeing little green patches in my yard. We keep hitting the low 70s once or twice a week, my friend killed a mosquito yesterday... its still Febuary🤯 Saturday suppose to be 70, sunday 75, monday 80. I like it, but kinda scared about the tornado forecast this spring.

Decided i had better get parts ordered for my 26 year old Craftsman. Picked up oil and filter, new air filter, new blades. Ordered a new set of ignition coils and spark plugs, (summer heat one of them craps out after 30 mins). I picked up 4 good used deck wheels and need to grease the blade spindels and weld up a few cracks. She just keeps on mowing, i don't know how but it does😁

sixball:
It is nice here rain & snow off & on  a chance of snow next Monday but my bees are starting to come out. The snow is melting and exposing the 3" tall weeds & foxtail under it. Yep, time to tune up the equipment and prepare for battle. My main worry here is wildfires. If one hits this canyon there is little hope and we get more idiots every year that don't understand what DRY really means. The all have some kind of off road fire starter.

FATnLOW:
In the spring  a group of guys and gals meet up on Thursday nites ..drive the old classics or whatever and sit around visiting....but during the cold months we have what we call garage hop where we meet at some one  garage and eat ..today was enchiladas and other dishes....last month we had chili and a lot of other items and a bunch of dessertS...photo of the gathering where about 50 people attended today... A lot of fun and good people visiting with one another

FATnLOW:
Nice weather here today...started out by taking the '33 in for window tracks and the remaining glass wing, doors ,and rear windows. Front and rear were installed after getting it running as they were broken. Then we went to the Garage Hop for a  mexican inspired meal .....over ate...came home and kicked back....next one is on a Saturday ....homemade breakfast cooked on an old wood stove..with all the fixings biscuits and gravy.scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties,home made cinnamon rolls and more

sixball:
I kicked to a little space out in the shop and have spent the last few days putting a 3 scale DRO on my mill. It isn't hard but it is taking me a long time. There were no installation directions in the kit. It should help a one eyed guy find the right spot to do my cutting. Going to have to quit and get on the weeds pretty soon but to is supposed to snow tomorrow. I let the weeds win last year I can't do that again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version