General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Family, friends are getting thin

(1/1)

sammons:
I got news sunday that my dads buddy he grew up with died. Then this morn, my Uncle Jim (dads little brother), died lastnight. He got sick mid month november, after couple weeks found out covid. Ended up in icu, but was fine. Problem was he was so weak he couldn't get up on his own. They put him in a 20 someday thearapy/rehabilitation  place. Got up with a walker but no further, and basicly give up.  He quit calling me or taking my calls last month, so i knew he was done.

I lost count of how many friends/family died over this past year. Sucks, but thats life.

TFoch:
Very sorry for your loses Sammons.

sixball:
Sammons, Sorry for your losses. It gets tougher when you realize you are the keeper of the family memories the young ones will never know. It is scary to see the tunnel at the end of the light.  ;D I can't make new family but I try to make new friends. It softens the blow when an old one passes. I tell the stories to whoever will listen and sometimes when they don't.  ::) I have been blessed with good family & friends and pretty good health at least good enough to keep trudging on. Think of those who are gone and share the best of your memories of them. It's OK to spice them up a bit.  ;D

sammons:
Thanks guy's, but we all have to go thru it.

Sixball, i'm now the Steward. Our family nick nacks, stories, photos get passed down to the oldest male, i'm now it🥴 Jim had been passing stuff for the last couple years. This summer i started handing some to my brother. His daughter seems to be the interested family historian, so there maybe a glitch in the stewardship😁

This morn while having coffee, an old memory made me smile. I was 3, uncle Jim was helping dad ready the '58 Bonneville for the move to California. He needed something from town, looked at me and ask if i wanted to go with him. I shock my head yes, dad said ok. Crawled in his '57  and got on the hiway. He said sit back and are you ready? I give him a nod  he dropped the hammer and banged gears. I was pinned back in the seat giggling like crazy. We got back, i was just smiles. Jim told dad that i giggled with every shi#!. Dad laughed and said yes, he likes that.

Fast forward to the late 90s, i sold him an extra '57 i had and painted it silver like his old one. He got it running and ask if i wanted to go for a ride. Hell ya. Got on a back road and dtopped the hammer, here i am pinned against the seat back giggling like a kid again. Between dad and him... no wonder i had a lead foot when i was younger.😁

sixball:
That's what I'm talking about!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version