General Category > General Discussion - Intros

Went back.....

(1/2) > >>

Rattiac:
Been looking for awhile for a campground in moab.  Prices were good with power and such. Almost reserved a spot but.... my jeep needs some attention and the truck has a rattle on dirt roads.
Just by accident we saw what hotels are going for this month.  Not much more than the campsite.  So we figured we could save ga$ and drive the wife's jeep liberty.  Last week I reserved a room for the weekend. 
Left at 11am this morning and arrived to a very cold,  windy Moab.  😳
Tomorrow will be finishing the chicken corners trail from earlier this spring.  Very long trail,  will take up most of the day.
I gotta check out a faint noise in the morning.  Making sure t-case and front diff is topped off.  She didn't tell me about this while at home. 
Pics will come when we get back to town. 

sixball:
We'll be here! Cold here too. May get into the 40s Sunday. Be careful out there! See those roads before they close them.

Rattiac:
After topping up the transfer case.  We hit the trail about 10am. and spent the whole day there and back.
Her jeep did well. Had to go a bit slower since both the swaybars were connected.  I may fix that one day 😉.
18psi in the BFG's helped alot though.
Pics in series from the beginning.
1. River view near Horseshoe bend.
2&3. Monument to the sheriff and his horse who both fell off the edge. His family comes out and made this shrine . consisted of things like a saddle,  cowboy rope,  sheriff badges and other tokens.
4. Chicken corners ahead. Ya go to the cliffs edge and make a left and wander through a few giant boulders with some off camber stuff in between alongside the cliffside.  Kinda scary returning through here.
5. The trail continues about another mile. To another edge with a small turnaround loop.  There's a small hike around that's about a foot wide on the very edge below Feldman arch. Yeah I chickened out.  🐔
You're right across the river from Thelma and Louise point.  Too bad they didn't have a camera from this view.  Would have been spectacular.

sammons:
I'm glad you got to finish that leg of the trail. Beautiful country for sure.

sixball:
Pretty red rock country! So that guy & his horse wen over the edge? Ouch! That happened a few times into Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas Panhandle. Some of our land was on the rim of it and we got constant warnings growing up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version