Miscellaneous > Members Builds - Stocker -Streetrod - Ratrod - LowRider

27 Chevy Coupe

<< < (2/3) > >>

john miller:

--- Quote from: ghost28 on December 12, 2012, 09:42:40 PM ---It's good to see ya on here.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the invite.

TFoch:
John is this the first old Chevy you've worked on?

john miller:
Yes the first.
I've owned two stock 55's & one slightly modified 57 and a few (68, 62 & 62) VW's. Except for the 57 (which I bought that way) I'm a lifelong stock guy. I've wanted to do something completely different for awhile now and this one is it. I actually enjoy the planning and research as much as the build.

I've been e-mailing John (ghost28) and here is what I stated in the last one to him about the build.

"I want the car to retain as much of it's original look as possible but still
be drivable in todays traffic. I'm looking for the best of both worlds. I
want to hear "Hey look, a '27 Chevy" & then "Holy shi#!!, did you see that?"
So I'll attempt to do that with full fenders, full hood and a 4.3 with 5-speed."

I just recently purchased a rolled 91 Chevy S-10 4WD so I already have the engine, trans & rearend.

Most of the wood (if not all) will be replaced with steel.

TFoch:
John,

You and I are a lot alike.  Before I started on my 33 Cabriolet I had a sweet looking 66 Chevy II.  It was all stock and after I was done restoring it there was nothing left to do.  Got sick of just waxing it and I decided I wanted a car I could do my way.  I bought the 33 body in Portland Or. and an original chassis 50 miles away.  It's been a long journey but well worth it.  Hope to drive it this summer but it'll never be done.  I can always change something.

Tom

john miller:
Sorry for the late reply but I just realized I never answered.
It's funny that you say that because Chevy II's have always made the "short list" before I've bought my next project car. My grandfather had a white '63 when I was young that I wanted so bad. He sold it right before I was old enough to drive and I was devastated. I've never owned one but have looked at several. Couldn't find anything around here at the time that wasn't eat up with rust.
My short list this time was: another 55, "63 Chevy II (my birth year) or a really early Chevy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version